Thursday 12 August 2021

I found my 'round-tuit'...

 ...and finished the stitching on my second Coptic stitch book.  

5 1/4" x 3 7/8"


The signatures (11 of them) are a comprised of a gel print and sheet of Stonehenge paper.  I've not yet determined what's going into the book but I can feel something percolating in the back brain.


I'm really enjoying the look of the covers, made from my Typar house-wrap play a couple of weeks ago and suspect that this wrap could become my go-to for covers, both for its durability and infinite possibilities.  The house wrap takes paint, alcohol inks, stamps, stencils and a whole lot more.




And I so much enjoy the way the underlying texture peeks through everything...kinda sneaky, don'tcha  think?!  😉

Here's to sneaky colour play - do let me know what you've been up to in the comments!  

10 comments:

  1. Oh, gorgeous! Your round tuit has done a great job :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my those colours are amazing and the stitching too but just can't wait to see what happens inside. I've just got back from some serious pruning in the garden and thought I'd check the emails and there you were. Have a lovely week. hugs, Angela xXx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait either, Angela - I hope whatever is percolating in the back of my brain is a really juicy idea. :D xo

      Delete
  3. I bet you did forty other wonderful creative things before you got a "round tuit". I have to say I love, love love that cover it is absolutely gorgeous and the book is very cool and looks so beautifully done. Have a great weekend, and take care of you. Deann

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right about those 40 other things, my friend, and happily so! Thanks for the kudos on the book; I'm thinking that Typar will be strong enough to last far longer than the book itself!

      Sending you massive hugs, Deann, and wishes for a fabulous week...xo

      Delete
  4. This looks wonderful Win! Loving that deep purple/magenta with the underlying orange tones! And you did such a great job with the coptic stitching. I will one day muster up the courage to try that too! TGIF! Have a lovely weekend! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Zsuzsa - it's been a great deal of fun to work with that Typar, and I love how it looks as a book cover! While I'm a long way from being adept with the stitching, I can see there is some faint hope! ;-)

      Delete
  5. your book covers are amazing. I am going to have another go at the Coptic binding, I love that you get all that colour showing on the spine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Angela...you really can't beat gel prints when it comes to colour! Even the ucky ones can be terrific in little bits!

      Delete

Thanks for your comments - I value every one! If you wish to comment as 'Anonymous', please sign your full name to avoid being garbage can fodder! ;-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...