Thursday 19 August 2021

It's been a wild one...

... in the house and in the studio this week.  Seems like the loosening of restrictions has brought a number of people to town.

With a visit from our daughter and grandson, to a friend from a long drive away, it's been exceptionally busy here.  The friend, Louise Olinger, was in town housesitting for a week, so we managed to play for two mornings in the studio.  Louise is an accomplished watercolourist, and her website is pure delight, with enough eye candy to keep one occupied for hours.   Louise' wish was to play with mixed media, so the glue cave got a great workout


as did the studio tables.  You can likely tell from the photos that she is a bundle of energy and great fun to play with!

We were so engrossed that I mostly forgot to take photos, and only managed this one of the bookmarks she was creating.


I did remember to take a shot of the tags I created - some hours after she left!  


As I was tidying up the studio in the aftermath, I found some suspicious things lurking about - not sure where they came from, but they are obviously in the works.




I do recall working on this, the fifth in the Line Dance series, as I work towards a final design for a larger piece.

And the dryer sheet paper somehow mysteriously collected an array of circles - pretty sure it was after midnight, because they didn't appear until the morning.


All in all, it was a colour-full week, and you know that's my favourite kind of time!  Happy week, my friends, and do catch me up on your doings in the comments!


8 comments:

  1. Oh, how lovely to be able to play with friends again! I'm holding out to see what September brings, with everyone around us having gone/been on hols and schools going back.
    Love those circles on the dryer sheet paper - of course :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, Tracy, but we may be premature here in celebrating, given the recent rise of cases, both in town and in the Kooteneys (our interior BC area). BC as a whole has seen an increase and I suspect that with the rising number of cases, we'll see a move to restrictions again. This seems to go on, and on, and on...

      I'm with you on the circles - how could one not love 'em?!! Sending hugs, and hopes that your area, in September, remains a safe place to be...hugs, Win

      Delete
  2. You lucky thing! what a great friend and loving the book marks, another great way to use up those left-over bits and pieces. I fear Tracy may be right, when the children are back to school the numbers will almost certainly rise. The Education department here today has told schools that they should do their lessons and assemblies outside, maybe this is telling us something! No idea how they think this will work especially when it rains or snows! Have a lovely week. Hugs, Angela xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was great to have a playmate, Angela, and hopefully the rising numbers won't put us back into lockdown again, although they are talking about a full-on fourth wave in Canada. :-( We'll wait and see, hope for Delta boosters, and keep our fingers crossed!

      Delete
  3. Well it certainly looks like a great and productive time was had by all. Love the random result. I'm glad you are able to get together up there, we are in semi-lockdown around here because CoVid cases have picked up again. Especially for us because of my husband's cornea transplant. We had a setback last week and he had to go back into surgery to get it fixed. It's just terrible because I am "forced" to sit and do art all day...I can't tell you how I've suffered...lol
    Take care of you and let the good times roll my friend. Hugs, socially distanced of course, Deann

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I'm sorry to hear about your husband's additional surgery, Deann...although I'm finding it difficult to feel sorry for your arting time (tongue in cheek there, I'd say!).

      We, too, have just had an amazing increase in Covid stats here, so we're back into turtle mode. I rather suspect that there will be semi-lockdown restrictions coming down the pipe as well. I found out yesterday that we now have the highest number of cases in town since this all started. Masking, social distancing, sanitizing and more as we deal with the fourth wave now.

      Sending you reciprocal socially distanced hugs, with hopes that things improve significantly in both our areas. xo

      Delete
  4. How wonderful! Super makes and I wonder if Louise is now tempted to defect to the dark side LOL, having flirted with mixed media. Her watercolour paintings are truly amazing! Lovely to hear that you have more freedom now to see friends and family. Incidentally, my BIL is coming tomorrow to visit so we were frantically cleaning the house today. The only time we do a thorough tidy is when someone's coming over LOL, so you can imagine the house has been a bit neglected in the last 18 months! Enjoy your weekend, Win! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Lord - I'm laughing over the frantic house-cleaning after 18 months...we've been in the same boat here, and the place may NEVER get clean again. :D

      Louise has been flirting off and on with mixed media for the last five years or so, having attending at least two of my out-of-town classes. She really enjoys M/M, and I suspect that when her new home is built, there will be room in the studio for some brilliant stashes that are NOT watercolour. :D

      Happy week, and happy cleaning, Zsuzsa! xo

      Delete

Thanks for your comments - I value every one! If you wish to comment as 'Anonymous', please sign your full name to avoid being garbage can fodder! ;-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...