Thursday 17 June 2021

There's not much going on...

 ...in the studio this week, apart from a very quick play with some mop-up paper towels (glued to some backing paper) in contrast with black paper, specifically for you, Angela.  Will I ever get tired of the pop of explosion when bright colour hits black paper?  I doubt it very much.


And because I hadn't quite had my colour fix for the week, I did a page in the 'black and white' journal.



We were out of town for half a day to celebrate our granddaughter's first birthday.  Judging from the smash cake, I think she had a great day.  I'm not sure that lovely eyelet dress came out of it too well, though. 😜


John planted some sweet peas here in front of the condo for me - they have to be my favourite flower.  Can you smell them from where you are?  The variety is a heritage one, and they're so strong and fragrant I'll bet you can. 


We didn't have to go too far 'out and about' to find this lovely scene - no further than the front deck, in fact.  Peeking through the undergrowth of cedars into John's flower patch was pure delight.  Owen and his mom, Rochelle, were visiting, so I talked her into taking the photo for me as I was too lazy to head into the condo to get my own phone.


This world is filled with amazing amounts of unexpected beauty, isn't it?  May you have found a huge number of them in your own week.


8 comments:

  1. Colour against black - a winner every time. And beautiful flowers! My Zach has taken a sudden interest in taking photos of wildflowers wherever we walk at the moment. The catalogue of them is growing. We found some ragged robin yesterday, which I have never seen before.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so with you on that, Tracy...I just can't get enough of it these days. I'm delighted to hear that Zach is taking photos of wildflowers. I had to look up ragged robin and it's a beauty. Flowers are something that turn up in my work in all sorts of ways, so I can understand his fascination!!

      Delete
  2. Now that really works so well and the little pops of red just attract the eye so well. The black journal page is so full of fun, think it might be difficult to add any more colour. Now the next photograph is obviously a 'Vision in Blue' and proves that you can make art with anything including cake and if there's too much for the project you want to make you can always eat some of it Lol! Have a great week. Big hugs, Angela xXx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm with you on the journal page...I think it would be tough to add anything more, apart from some white outlining of the text after I took a photo. :D And the cake episode was epic - she's a girl for colour after her Grandma's heart. ;-) Happy creating, Angela!

      Delete
  3. I just saw your thoughts about playing together we must give this some thought xXx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, Angela - perhaps a mini round robin on some sort?!

      Delete
  4. I'm loving that page in your Black & White Journal...gorgeous. Your granddaughter really did a number on poor old Cookie Monster, I hope her dress was saved.
    Your flowers are wonderful, Mine are all fried to a crisp. It's been really hot for what seems forever, 107 degrees an all time record. and there is a water shortage so we can't do much watering. Still counting down the days until the air conditioning gets installed. Boo hoo... when I think of my ancestors in this heat, I just have to count my blessings.
    I hope all is well with you. Hugs, Deann

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The extreme heat you're getting has me perspiring just thinking about it, Deann! Little wonder that your flowers are fried to a crisp. We have water restrictions here from June through to September, and they get more stringent depending on the summer heat...this year they're expecting high temps, which mean we'll be heading into fire season soon if they're correct. We, too, have been counting our blessings - for the fan on the furnace, the cooler nights and a lightening of the restrictions. We got our second shots yesterday and did a little happy dance! Keep safe, my friend, and hang on until that air conditioner gets there. Hugs, Win

      Delete

Thanks for your comments - I value every one! If you wish to comment as 'Anonymous', please sign your full name to avoid being garbage can fodder! ;-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...