Thursday 27 May 2021

The mini-book frenzy continues...

and I may have to start more in addition to the 17 I have in progress.  Every time I use painted dryer sheets I fall in love with them all over again, and this little book-in-the-making will be no exception:




The texture just has me salivating - how about you?

And of course, I am also working on the other ones in progress...some day these will all come together - just like families after Covid is done.

With a first-birthday coming up for granddaughter, Chloe, a painting has also been in the works.  Lucky her parents don't read this or I'd have to wait until June to show it to you.  Chloe is just as whimsical as the painting...she's a delightful sprite.


And I have to show you this lovely leaf I discovered while out walking.


Isn't Mother Nature the absolute best artist ever?!!!

We've had some lifting of the restrictions this week, which means that Ruth and I will be able to resume working on paintings for her upcoming show in November - that's welcome news.  The pressure has been on to find ways to fulfil her commitment and this is a most positive step.

I hope the news in your area is just as good, and that we can all move forward to a kinder, gentler world together.  

8 comments:

  1. Hi Win, the news is good. Our part of the UK is doing okay to but there are other areas that are not so we are being careful. I am going to the Craft Club on Saturday which will be lovely to see everyone again though the numbers are restricted obviously. As yet I have no idea what to work on while I'm there! I love the Mini book you're making and can't wait to see more of it. The card is really sweet and the leaf is gorgeous, maybe you could set it in resin and use it in your art work. Take care my friend and have a lovely creative week. Big hugs, Angela xXx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad to hear that your area of Britain is doing well, Angela. This has been the longest 'couple of weeks' any of us have ever spent, I suspect. May the healing continue everywhere!

      Delete
  2. Those colours and that texture! Scrummy :) It makes me think of galaxies.
    And that painting for your little munchkin is lovely.
    We've all now had our second jabs and our area is doing well. We are still masked, gloved, and sanitising like mad, though. You can't be too careful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Tracy - that's exactly what I thought of when I saw that texture. I'm glad to hear that you're second-jabbed (we're expecting our second go-round in August), and still taking precautions. While I expect it will take time, I believe it can be beaten.

      Delete
  3. I love the texture of your dryer sheets and the way they take color....gorgeous. Your birthday card is adorable and a treasure for your granddaughter. I make birthday cards for mine too. I make a base card that is bright and happy with a favorite poem on the back. Because we have a joke going on, every card says Happy Birthday to my favorite Grandchild. Then I add one of the funniest photo I can find of them.
    Your leaf is wonderful so beautiful. I have a recipe to make you own leaf skeletons if you are interested I will send it to you.
    Glad to hear you are out and about and back with friends. Take care of you and have fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The dryer sheets are one of my favourite tools for mopping up leftover paint (the other is cheesecloth), and I've got a very healthy stack of gorgeous ones!

      I love your idea for your birthday cards for your grandchildren - they'll be keepsakes for decades to come!

      And yes, I'd love to have your recipe for leaf skeletons - I am so enamored with them!!!

      And we are taking care, as I hope you're caring for yourselves, Deann...this small step is one of cautious optimism. Sending hugs, Win

      Delete
  4. Super textures in those dryer sheets - I can see why you keep falling in love with it! Great that you can work with Ruth again in person. I love skeleton leaves too but I've never found one in nature - I just buy them in craft packs. Apparently, you can make your own, but I've never tried. Have fun playing, Win! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've bought skeleton leaves as well, Zsuzsa, and Deann above indicates she's sent a recipe to make them. I'll keep you all posted if I manage to get to it!!

      Delete

Thanks for your comments - I value every one! If you wish to comment as 'Anonymous', please sign your full name to avoid being garbage can fodder! ;-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...