Thursday 22 November 2018

Oddments

I got into the gel plate again this past week - it's really difficult to get some new paints and not test them, right?  The Golden Open acrylics that Meg sent me are just waaaaaay too fun.  One of them was a very pale green - couple that with a fresh batch of carrots from the farmer's market, and it was time for some leaf printing.

First print, carrot tops

Ghost print, carrot tops

Haunt, carrot tops

Of course I used my journal as a brayer clean-up area, and then brayered the painty leaves onto that.  This spread's going to be fun to finish.  What goes with carrots?  Maybe some peas.  

Brayer clean up and brayered painted carrot tops
And for some reason, I was having a giggle the other day about Alice Saltiel's suggestion of adding googly eyes to a book sculpture some years back.  Wouldn't this look awesome with a host of them nodding and googling?

Expat from Arcturus

That led me to realising that I've never done a video about book folding, book sculptures, or any book tutorial at all.  You know what that means, right?  So here's the first step in most of the book sculptures I've created.  I'll make sure to finish this for you next week, and perhaps a different one in the week after that.  I'll expect to see you sometime in March or April, then, 'cause it's really hard to stop.


Of course I'm working on a dozen other projects as well, so who knows what might happen.  In the meantime, catch me up on what has your creative juices flowing in the comments below - I'd love to hear!

14 comments:

  1. I love this green prints - awesome!
    I would never have the patience to fold so many pages.....
    Great! I love book sculptures! Looking forward to see what you will show!

    Big hugs and creative wishes!

    Susi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Susi, and I promise there will be more on the book sculptures coming!

      Delete
  2. That ghost print is just gorgeous!
    My daughter has started book-folding recently. There's a group at the local library and she's loving it. I look forward to part two of the video.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope that you post some of her books, Tracy - I'd love to see them! And more videos coming in the book crazed series!

      Delete
  3. The carrot tops are lovely Win and that is such a nice green.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love using carrot tops for printing, Val - they have such a lovely light feel to them...and that pale green is awesome, I agree!

      Delete
  4. Gorgeous Geli prints and loving the book sculpture too but can relate to having all the other projects on the go at the same time. It was only the other day I found a WIP that I started three years ago.... well maybe more actually, simply must get these things finished. Sending hugs, Angela xXx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that makes me laugh, Angela - I've got so many starts on the go I'll be finishing until I'm 102. :D

      Delete
  5. Your carrot top prints are scrumptious but I have to tell you that the Love Bird picture on my blog that you were so envious of... all the colors in the background belongs to one of your glorious prints. You make my day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that's so funny, Deann - I didn't even recognise it! And that is such a fabulous painting...wowza! The possibilities with layering in Photoshop just have me agog, and you are the master!!! Happy Thanksgiving weekend, my friend - may your turkey be just the right amount, and your family and friends the same. ;-) xo

      Delete
  6. I love your carrot top prints ! The ghost print is my favourite ! And that book fold is amazing ! Hope this comment goes all right. I am using a different browser...
    Corrie x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It came through perfectly, Corrie - thanks for trying another brower. And yes, that ghost print is lovely, right? They're most usually my pick of the crop. ;-)

      Delete
  7. Omgosh! You know I am a brite and colorful person, but this pale green is just gorgeous!! I love these prints Win- Almost ethereal and magical for sure!
    hugs,Jackie xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm with you on bright and colourful, but these pale prints really tickled my fancy...I may have to do some more 'paleface' printing 'cause there seems to be pull towards that plate...... :D

      Delete

Thanks for your comments - I value every one! If you wish to comment as 'Anonymous', please sign your full name to avoid being garbage can fodder! ;-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...