Thursday 15 November 2018

How Could I Resist?


I couldn't, could I?  So I've created a video for you this week on five different ways to use resists in your artwork...



Make sure you subscribe to my channel while you're there checking it out - there are lots more tutorials to see!

Here are some teaser photos to whet your appetite...






And we had studio play time again this past week with Lynne Mizera,


Gay Allen,

and Linda Macullo joining in the fun.


As usual, I was having such a blast that I mostly forgot to take photos, although I did catch this lusciously crackle-patterned piece of Linda's in progress:


I was on a Christmas tag-making binge while we were chatting and giggling and now I can't even find them to take photos.  It must be time to clean the studio again or Christmas will be on us before they surface.

May your creative week have been as much fun as was ours, with your inspiration time taking you to new and crazier levels. 

14 comments:

  1. Thanks for that great reminder video, Win. One resist that I particularly like is when I 'imperfectly' apply gesso to my page and then use a watery paint over the top. The subtle difference in how the paper takes up the colour adds texture, and it's completely unplanned!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a great one, Tracy, and one my favourites too! Great minds, right? :D

      Delete
  2. I fear you may be right Win, we had better get those Christmas cards made ASAP xXx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's all much closer than we think, right? Searching heavily here. :D

      Delete
  3. Love to see all this fab techniques at once! Great video !
    Oh yes - time always flies and christmas always comes so suddenly-lol!

    Happy weekend Win Dinn!
    Big hugs, Susi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Susi. And I just can't figure out why, when Christmas comes at the same time every year, it always sneaks up on us...time's a crazy thing, isn't it? Have a great weekend, my friend, and happy creating!

      Delete
  4. Such cool techniques, Win! For me, the alcohol was the most spectacular in the video!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ps. And I've only just got the title LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, Zsuzsa, and isn't that alcohol CRAZY to watch?!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like the fun is still being had! heeheehee I hate when i loose my art under my mess as well! Keep looking, it will turn up,where and when you least expect it! LOL
    Tell Gay I love her name! It is such a sweet name, that you never hear any longer~
    hugs and kisses Jackie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Never quits here in the studio, Jackie...and surely the mess will sort itself out soon?! ;-) I'll pass that along to Gay - it's a fave of mine as well and I have a cousin by the same name. Turns out this Gay and I likely played together as children - how crazy is that?! xo

      Delete

Thanks for your comments - I value every one! If you wish to comment as 'Anonymous', please sign your full name to avoid being garbage can fodder! ;-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...