Thursday 20 September 2018

Colour drooling...


 is always part of my day, and it was a constant over the weekend.  With Alice Saltiel and Meg Nicks (along with their hubbies) in situ, I got my fill.

We got a foil demo from Meg as she worked on this piece
Meg's foil demo

Foil demo close-up

 and I turned my test blobs into flowers. 


Alice's request to start with (before Meg and Paul arrived) was a spate of paper painting.  I somehow missed getting photos of any of hers, so I took one of mine.  We were going to do this every evening as we finished for the day, but that plan flew south with the geese.


After long days in the studio, it was time for a glass or two!

Meg starts happy hour

Meg is the queen of texture as you can see from this work in progress.


I (again) neglected to get a photo of this lovely plastic wrap background when finished, but it was awesome.


A too-pale combination background of cobweb and plastic wrap begged for a redo, so I slathered on some paint and did a plastic wrap of my own.  I wonder what will happen with this background...



We leaf printed up a storm (Bill included),

Alice and Bill are leaf printing

Lear printing on top left - first print on the gel plate
Top right direct printing with painty leaves
Bottom centre - ghost or haunt print from gel plate
Had I been the least bit on the ball, I would have dozens of photos; the production was prodigious and the experimentation wild.  I'll be testing techniques for months as I integrate all that learning!

And on another note, I get to tell you that the winner of the draw on September 15 was Angela!  Given she's halfway around the world, I suspect that one of the 8.5. x 11" pieces will be on the way to her soon!  Thank you all for playing along, and feel free to send any more love quotes you find; they will come to a good end, I suspect!

Happy week all you artsy people - feel free to drop a comment and let me know what's up in your art world! 



26 comments:

  1. All these coulours & textures make me in awe...
    The results with plastic & leaves deserve to be on the walls.
    What a wonderful world is yours!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was just so much fun - all the wild and crazy energy that happens when one creates in a group was pure delight. Thanks for the kudos on the results, Sim!

      Delete
  2. Shades of glorious delight more fabulous backgrounds I can hardly wait for a challenge so I can use them. Beautiful work as always. I've never seem anyone create art in more ways and in more colors then you and your friends. Rock on ladies and have a great time doing it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks, Deann, and sorry for the delay in response. Blogger is (again) apparently neglecting to email comments so I can follow up. I love mixed media for all the play possibilities...apparently I'm just a kid at heart, no matter what the mirror tells me! :D

      Delete
  3. Hi Win, this must have been a brilliant day looking at all the fabulous samples you have here. I look forward to see you playing with these techniques. I usually have to take lots of photos at workshops so that I don't forget anything but I understand that when you are busy enjoying yourself it is so easy to forget to take them. Thanks again for the draw and I look forward to your lovely Art work arriving though I would love to have been close enough to come and play. Have a lovely creative weekend, Angela xXx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We had a blast, Angela, although I'm really sorry I missed all the photos. Alice had some beauties! Your chosen piece is on it's way to you - enjoy, my friend! xo

      Delete
  4. Meg's foil demo took my breath away! Super colour play all over - you're so lucky ti have play mates!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mind, too, Zsuzsa - it's jaw-dropping in beauty! I love having art guests for the way it turns my play upside down and sideways!

      Delete
  5. what a fun colour filled time you had, Win. I so understand why you don't have more photos - it is something I often forget to do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It most certainly was, Val - an extraordinary weekend!

      Delete
  6. That plastic wrap redo is stunning. I wonder what's going to happen next!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me, too, Eileen! :D It's waiting for the Muse to strike right now.

      Delete
  7. The fact that you didn't take many photos just speaks to how much fun you were having :) Loving those foil textures. And you reminded me about plastic wrap printing. Must raid the kitchen and do some of that again...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It most certainly was fun, Tracy, and the foiling was great fun, along with the plastic wrap. (Don't you keep a roll in the studio for that? :D ) xo

      Delete
  8. Beautiful colors. Its wonderful to get together with friends to play with paint and learn new things. No photos means you were to busy playing!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely true, Karenliz - it was a madhouse of techniques on the fly!

      Delete
  9. The fact that you didn't take many photos tells me you had a fantastic time ! Well done, that is what it is all about ! Great results too !
    Corrie x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Corrie - it was so much fun, and now I've got a pile of backgrounds to play with. Hooray!

      Delete
  10. Wow, both the foil and wrap techniques look super cool! I'm going to have to look those up and see how they work. I love the colour explosions!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's great fun for exploration, Sal, and I was about to point you to a plastic wrap technique on my YouTube channel, only to discover I've not done one yet. Thanks for the tip - I'd better get at it! :D

      Delete
  11. Congrats to Angela, she is so lucky!!!!!!!!!
    Beautiful creations as always, Win. You inspire me, my friend. I love the plastic wrap technique and your beautiful pages with leaves. Hugs!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Mia...isn't this time of the year great for leaf printing? So many opportunities to play!

      Delete
  12. Looks like it was a fun time had by all-even Bill!

    Love that print from the plastic Win- gorgeous!- What type of medium did you use?sprays,acrylics,inks?
    Congrats to Angela! good for her!
    See you next time my friend! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely true, Jackie - we so much enjoyed our time together.

      The plastic wrap paint was merely acrylic thinned to the consistency of watercolour with water, although I do sometimes add liquid acrylic medium to the mix. And as you've indicated, I've done it with inks and sprays as well...so many ways to play! ox

      Delete
  13. Oh my -- you are such a happy artist to have playfriends! I am in awe of all the inspiration here again! Wonderful pieces!! WOW!!!

    Big hugs, Susi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Susi, and I hope that you are feeling MUCH better this week, because I'm missing MY inspiration from your posts! xo

      Delete

Thanks for your comments - I value every one! If you wish to comment as 'Anonymous', please sign your full name to avoid being garbage can fodder! ;-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...