Friday 24 April 2015

Where did it go?

I missed Tuesday's post, and here it is Friday already.  It's been a week, apparently. I've been working on some pieces for the Fernie show, and actually managed to finish a couple of them this week.

This very masculine bottle became an instant favourite of my son, Barry, who loved the masculine feel and the hand-crafted chain made and gifted to me by Eileen Gidman (I have the best friends).


I think it has a deep sea feel to it, and named it 'Sunken Treasure'.


A companion piece in the same antique gold tones is this chalice, entitled 'Antique Goblet'.  It sports some of Eileen's gifts as well!


This lovely sherry glass piece is called 'Abundance', and it was Laura Leeder who donated the glass and many of the coins.  The first version of this can be found here, and now belongs to Laura and her husband Ivor.


The other glass that's been completed is 'Pot of Gold', and just feels so rich to me.


There are so many embellishments on this it's quite top heavy.


 It's chock-a-block full of Eileen's buttons, too,  What a gift that was!


On a sadder note, it's been a week of loss.  Our studio cat, Opal, has left us to go mousing around St. Peter's chair.  I'll miss her extraordinary presence in the midst of my creative chaos, and her assistance with everything I've ever done.  You can see her handiwork here and here.  


RIP, Opal, and happy mousing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments - I value every one! If you wish to comment as 'Anonymous', please sign your full name to avoid being garbage can fodder! ;-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...