Friday 4 October 2013

Well I'm halfway gone...

... or there, as the case may be.

I promised myself that I'd not start any more paintings until I had completed at least 10 of those that have been in various stages of undress, some since the spring.  The past few days in the studio have been a good move towards that goal.

One of the pieces that was in limbo was this heavily textured one.  I started with a stencil and created drywall compound flowers on a previously 'junk' background for an experiment, not noticing it had been painted with iridescent paint.  When I walked past it in the dark the next morning, the fluorescent-edged flowers scared the stuffing out of me!

Garden Texture    6" x 10" mixed media on mat board  © Win Dinn
I'd been reading and viewing some photos about the star Arcturus, and the next two paintings are my interpretation of how that area of the galaxy may look.  Being that it's over 36 light years away from our home, there's no one who can refute me!

Moonrise Near Arcturus    9" x 12"  mixed media on board  © Win Dinn

Moonrise Near Arcturus II    5" x 7" mixed media on board  © Win Dinn
One of my favourite Crafter's Workshop stencils is their Mini Gears one, and it was perfect for this small canvas that had been heavily coated with layer after layer of palette paper transfers.

My Daily Grind    4" x 6" mixed media on canvas  © Win Dinn
While this painting had 'only' been hanging about since early July, it had given me enough challenges through my own errors that I was delighted to finish it.

Summer Flight    12" x 12" mixed media on canvas  © Win Dinn
I'm looking forward to sneaking in some more studio time before I head to Calgary on baby duty (we have a new grand-niece or nephew arriving next week) and then roar into workshop season.

And if you're looking for some fun creativity-muscle-stretching workshops, check out the lineup in the Playshop tab at the top of the blog.  There's a good chance I could be in your area soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments - I value every one! If you wish to comment as 'Anonymous', please sign your full name to avoid being garbage can fodder! ;-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...