Friday 18 October 2013

Nothing more exciting...

than having a new arrival in the family, and for the past week, I've been in Calgary family-sitting with my niece after the arrival of her second baby.

Mara was born on the 9th of October, and is happily spending time with her big sister, Maevie, a 25 month old tear-away.



From dog-walking Fernie, 


to enjoying the beautiful fall weather and colour,



I feel like I'm in a world that is wholly unlike my normal studio and classroom one.  I'd forgotten what a challenge two small children could be, with rounds of medical appointments, dinners, laundry, trips to and from day care and constant feedings (not MY job with the baby, luckily).  


And of course, the best part is the opportunity to bond with another grand-niece and spend lots of time with the first one.  

And here's my salute to these parents and parents everywhere- you're totally amazing at  what you do, and my hat's off to you  (and so is Mara's)!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments - I value every one! If you wish to comment as 'Anonymous', please sign your full name to avoid being garbage can fodder! ;-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...