Thursday 26 September 2024

In full (fall) force...

 ...I'd say.  

There's just something about fall that pulls me into the studio.  Normally, it's the cooler weather, but that hasn't been the case this week, so I'm blaming it on the colour.

I'd planned on using the leftover circular 'flowers' from last week to add to the floral travel journal as auditioned below.  I can see that I need some more, though, so that's a project for leftover paper bits this coming week.



I particularly like this one on the lower right.



I found a toilet roll holder lurking as I was on a cleaning binge, so I turned it into this 'something-or-other', and plan on using it for a funky gel print background, assuming my mental image matches the reality.  Of course, there are no guarantees that will happen.  😉



I started on some cover embellishments for the travel journal, with more to come.



And I had some more fun in the mini collage journal.  Only 3 gazillion more images to finish. 😉


I can't seem to stick to any one colour combination for more than a few minutes at a time, so I'm jumping all over the place.  


I particularly like this colour combination.


This oh-so-blue one needs some contrast don't you think?  What's your suggestion?!

And what the heck have you been up to this week?  I can hardly wait to pop over and see!

4 comments:

  1. Well, I see that your fervour to create wonders caught up with you as soon as you returned from vacation for our greatest pleasure. When it's raining outside and the sky is as grey as cast iron, all we have to do is come and take a tour in your creative universe and we're overwhelmed and captivated by real colours. What a joy!
    Everything is so beautiful. I love purple and yellow together too. They're complementary colours. It's my favourite combination for bouquets of flowers, for example. For the blue-so-blue, perhaps you could also try the complementary colour ( that is to say orange... bah, maybe not :) or fuchsia pink, or lemon yellow, or all of them? in any case, I have blind faith in your choice of colours, dear Win. Anything you can do will be great. Have happy creating days in your studio my friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's great to be back in the studio, Sim, and there is something about having a blog post scheduled in my brain that makes me get there!

      Definitely with you on the choice of complements, but the thought of fuchsia with that ultramarine blue has my mouth watering...never mind all of them. :D To be continued!

      Happy days to you, Sim, and as always, I'll look forward to seeing that lovely work of yours next week! xo

      Delete
  2. Fabulous Win, I love your color combos especially the ones using complimentary colors and different shades of the same color. AND now I know what to do with empty toilet paper tubes...BONUS.
    I am busy trying to run two blogs, and cheer on my ten Grandkids at their weekly football, soccer, volley ball games and dance recitals. Fun but make for crazy Saturdays.
    Sending big hugs and best wishes your way,
    Deann

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Deann. Using complements is usually my go-to choice, so we're on the same page there! And I'll be looking for all those toilet paper roll projects in the future, if only by email. :D

      Your attention to all the grandkids and heavy engagement in their lives is masterful, and I applaud you for your crazy Saturdays. You are a Grandmother Star, definitely!

      Sending those hugs and wishes right back to you, squared! xoxo

      Delete

Thanks for your comments - I value every one! If you wish to comment as 'Anonymous', please sign your full name to avoid being garbage can fodder! ;-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...