Thursday 19 September 2024

Well, wasn't that...

 ...a summer to remember?  The Creston valley was so hot in July that we were sitting in 36 degree weather in the shade as we enjoyed our family reunion.  In August, a visit from John's son arrived with showers and the perfect weather for that coastal man.  September is so confused that I'm wearing a winter coat as I walk to the gym in the morning, and I'm sporting my bikini (if I had one) in the afternoon when it hits 24 degrees.  The best part?  There was no fire season in our area this year, and very little smoke.  That's a welcome relief from the last five years or so.

I kept my promise to myself, and enjoyed family and friends this summer, with little artwork amassed to show for it.  I did manage to play with some black backgrounds on the following 6" x 6" papers.  All, of course, were done in an attempt to use the amassed scraps that seem to 'mountain up' in my studio.






And I did manage to stitch some signatures to pop into this mini travel journal (5" x 3" x 2").


I really like this style of journal taught to me by a good friend, Carol Geurts.  It has been sitting for months, though, waiting for that stitching to happen.  The procrastination bug hit me severely, and it's been so long now that I'll need to learn that fancy elastic knot-tying all over again.


I've got another one on the go and will try to get the stitching done this week, instead of waiting for months.  :D 

I'm going to take some time now and pop over to your blogs to do a bit of catching up.  I've really missed you all this summer, and hope your summer was as refreshing as was mine.  💖


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments - I value every one! If you wish to comment as 'Anonymous', please sign your full name to avoid being garbage can fodder! ;-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...