Thursday 13 July 2023

I can feel the pull....

 ...to add another colour (maybe a dozen of them 😁) to this massive panel


as I've been working with the same basic three colours for weeks now.  


I'm reining myself in, though, given that I've not finished the layers of paint and stencils, never mind the close-in work that's required before the final wild splashes.


Meanwhile, the beat goes on.


I did take a break on the 3 x 4 to do an art prompt for July.  The requirement was the use of three colours - magenta, hot pink and spearmint, with the addition of black and/or white, if desired.  The colour correction is off on this photo of a 5" square slap-dash playtime.  The white paper shows as very pale pink.  (I'm putting that down to the preponderance of hot pink in the painting, rather than my inept use of the photo editor.  That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.)


And I thought you might like to see these photos of 'found art' John showed me in the garage.  He's been cleaning out in there, and was struck by this stain on the floor.  I think it's just grand, don't you?




How's your week been going - any found art in your world?  I look at these as gifts from the Universe as they remind me to keep my eyes open and pay attention to things!

10 comments:

  1. That made me smile, I had seen the stain on the floor before I read about it and thought at first that it was your arty work and I love it. Pleased you're still enjoying working on your canvas. I think it's a great piece and obviously something you've enjoyed working on. Take care and have a lovely creative week. Hugs, Angela xXx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love coming across found art, Angela...it always makes me smile given that it reminds me of so much in my play that is accidental. 🤣 And yes, I'm very much enjoying working on the large panel, regardless of the outcome for the week. Hugs, Win

      Delete
  2. I love pictures with many details and I have to say Win you are the hands down winner. As far finding beauty in natural things goes a myriad everyday. Last week I found the decomposed little body of a humming bird while I was gardening. It was mostly just bones and feathers but it was so sadly beautiful I took a picture of it. I look at that picture and think how wonderfully every living thing is made, down to the last detail. Have a wonderful week Win. Hugs, Deann

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I can see that hummingbird body in my mind, and certainly understand why you took a photo. I have great memories of an art teacher whose one project was to draw a vase of flowers every couple of days for a month to show the change of their condition as they went through their cycle. It was truly amazing how beautiful those drawings were - in every stage. We really live on an amazing corner of the universe, don't we?

      Delete
  3. Your panel is coming along nicely. That palette is working really well. And that stain on the floor! It looks like some plastic wrap has been used there :) Have a great week, Win.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree about the panel, Tracy - it's really a blast. With a week of company, there's been no further progress, so I'm really looking forward to getting back to it! And you're right about the stain looking like plastic wrap - how did that happen??!! 😂

      Delete
  4. Popped over to see what you've been up to but it looks quiet here today. Hope your weekend is a happy and creative one. Hugs, Angela xXx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for checking, Ang! I've had family company for the last week so the studio has been deserted. Look for another post next week, perhaps, although there's more company coming on Wednesday, so that's not guaranteed either!!. 🤣

      Delete
  5. Just stopped by to say have a happy week. Rock on with your family, art keeps grandkids don't, before we know it they are grown and gone. But I'm pretty sure you already knew that. Hugs, Deann

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, isn't that the truth, Deann?! Time flies so fast that I often wonder whether I'm on speed! Kids are growing like weeds, and it's a treat to have them all visit. More this week, so it will be next week by the time I get back into the studio, I suspect. Hurray!! Big hugs to you, too! xo

      Delete

Thanks for your comments - I value every one! If you wish to comment as 'Anonymous', please sign your full name to avoid being garbage can fodder! ;-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...