Thursday 21 July 2022

Computer fry bonus?

I got to spend more time in the studio while my computer was in the shop for a week.  That means I not only finished a book-in-progress, but the case for it, too.

'A World of Wonder' © Win Dinn 2022
 3 3/4" x 8 1/2" x 1 1/2" 

Last year my word for the year was Wonder, and, and I kept notes throughout the year about the things I was 'in wonder' about, as well as things that I was wondering.  It was most illuminating, so a book had to ensue.


The accordion-style book has  ten mountain folds, to which I attached two pockets each.


Each pocket holds a 'wonder' or 'I'm wondering', or both,


and the front of each pocket holds the same.


My usual quietly nuanced colour holds throughout, of course.



Here's my favourite card at the top right...I just love sarcasm!


The fronts and backs of the cards are covered with snippets from my stash of papers oddments, 


and it was great to utilize so many of them.


I just love the way those pockets sing out against that black accordion.
 

A close-up of the slipcase shows the black-gessoed Typar - it's such a great tool for bookmaking.

And now that I have my computer back, I can check in on what's going on in your creative world.  Here's to more colour and creative light.  

8 comments:

  1. Love, love, LOVE it! The colours and design and more than anything the concept. What a great keepsake and it is really in my ballpark with all that contemplation. I hadn't realised at first that the cover was 3D. Just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So many thanks, Tracy...somehow the connection between the contemplation and the turning of that into a book seems to have been a good one. Spending time each week to review the wonder really brought it all home to me, and it was another wonder-full thing to have so much of it together in one place.

      Delete
  2. This book is perfectly ma-gni-fi-que!!
    I am amazed by the qualities (aesthetics, reflection, dexterity...) of your work.
    It is a marvel filled with treasures!
    Your spirit sparkles through your wonders and your self-questioning. You are a great mind and an accomplished artist.
    Have a great creative and fulfilling end of summer my dear friend.
    PS: Many thanks for your comments so welcome, intelligent, kind and sensitive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Sim - I so value your appreciation and attention to what comes out of this studio. This was a really great project to do and to bring together into a book; this book-making bent is really taking over my life. 😉 Thanks for stopping by to comment, even during your summer vacation. Sending massive hugs and looking forward to 'seeing' you in the fall. xoxo

      Delete
  3. I'm loving this Winny. It sounds to me as though you need to get rid of your computer more often Lol! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm with you on that one, Angela - perhaps I can organize a computer fry once a month just so I can get some more studio time. 🤣

      Delete
  4. So gorgeous ! Love your imagination and bookmaking ! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Corrie - I'm really happy with this particular one. Being in wonder for a year was a great playtime!

      Delete

Thanks for your comments - I value every one! If you wish to comment as 'Anonymous', please sign your full name to avoid being garbage can fodder! ;-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...