Thursday 18 March 2021

People are so amazing,....

 ...aren't they?  This week I received a package of papers, gifted to me from half way around the world, by Tracy of Sojourner.  Here are just some of the delights I found.


It was such a treat to open, and I can hardly wait to play with all these goodies!

And you know there's nothing more fun than getting snippets of art play from friends, especially when they come complete with a hand-crafted card.  And aren't those two little bits at the bottom fun?  They make me think of beach huts.  


I'm loving the possibilities inherent in the deli paper prints, too, since I have very few of these papers and so enjoy the way the translucency looks over top of other bits of art.


And get a load of these masks - aren't they wonderful?  I can see a gel printing session coming up!


And on the home studio front, my large journal and the black and white one are languishing on the side


while I work my way (slowly) through a binding technique with some 'Head Shots' I did some years ago.

Off to the side there are some dozen and a half mini books in various stages.  It's important to me that I start as many projects as possible while the ideas are fresh, right?  😏

My work tables seem to be heavily loaded to the book side these days, and I'm going to blame it all on Joe Rotella and Vintage Page Designs.  I just can't seem to stop.  If you're a book fiend too, I highly recommend you join the Creating Handmade Books with Vintage Page Designs Facebook group...you, too, will be drooling, stunned and addicted.

I'm wondering about your addictions - do you follow them through at the expense of everything else?  Do you do, and do, and do until you get it out of your system?  Would you rather create than eat (I wish it would go that far!)?  Tell me about your creative life!

14 comments:

  1. Great gifts you received, Win. Beautiful papers that fit perfectly in your lovely journals. As for your mini albums, they seem gorgeous! It's been a long since I made a mini album and I think I will do it again soon. During the last days, I refound my coloring books! Hugs, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm a very lucky person, aren't I Mia? I can hardly wait to play with all the goodies. I'm looking forward to seeing more of your colouring pages - it's a long time since I've played with any of them!

      Delete
  2. There are some lovely interesting marks in that big journal, Win. I'm sure you'll feel inspired when you get back to it.
    I love learning new ways to make books. I have a drawer of little bits and pieces that I've made with different techniques. Such fun! And who knew there were so many different ways of putting pages together :)
    Enjoy the papers, my friend. I find it fun when I receive something a little different from what I might make for myself. It sends me off in different directions, so I hope the little package inspires.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm with you on being inspired by others' bits and pieces, and I'm most thankful that you sent such a lovely package to me. I'll be playing with this not-mine-stash for a great while, and what could be better?!!!!

      Delete
    2. What great bits and pieces those are to get your creative juices flowing. I am drooling over the colours and the patterns . I can totally relate to how addictive it is too create those little mini books. I have two shelves in my wall unit stuffed full of 25 9 x 6“ albums that I have created over the past 12 months. The only thing that stopped me as I have run out of room! I am looking forward to seeing how do you use some of your new treasures.

      Delete
    3. I'm with you all the way, Lynne - it's so inspiring to receive another artist's papers. Rather like Christmas. And I do understand those two shelves which stopped you from doing more albums...one has to stop sometime, somewhere. :D

      Delete
  3. This gift is magnificent Win!
    And I love your large journal, it's open on beautiful pages!
    I can see that you are good at bright multicolour artworks, but not only!
    Hugs my friend.
    (Hope you have plenty of big shelves to store your wonderful books :D)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was just so pleased to be on the receiving end, Sim - it's great fun to create with other artist's bits and pieces! And if my shelves are not yet plenty, my husband can always make more. :D Sending hugs, my friend!

      Delete
  4. I bet you're going to have fun with those pressies and I can't wait to see how you use them. The card is gorgeous too and would make a great starting point for a journal page. I really must get my Gelli plate out again and start some new masterboards though I am trying to clear out and use what I already have. Thank you so much for the comments over at mine, you're so kind and I absolutely understand you wanting to get as much done as you can while you're in the mood. I've just started a new MDF piece though my desk is getting a bit full at the moment. Take care my friend and have a lovely week, Angela xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, yes and yes...especially the start of a journal page with that card - it'll have to be hinged, and will be a beaut! Here's to gel printing, AND MDF pieces...I always look forward to your projects! Have a great week, Angela!

      Delete
  5. Lovely collage fodder from Tracy - I love working with deli paper too - it has all the advantages of tissue paper in terms of transparency just much stronger! Those mini books look yummy too - it's easy to get addicted to those - I used to struggle with small formats, but they have now become my favourite! Happy Friday, Win and thanks for your visit! Hope you have a good weekend! xx zsuzsa

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm with you on the former-struggle with small formats, Zsuzsa, and I'm glad I persevered. They just teach so much, and they're now my favourite as well. Onwards and upwards with mini books by the dozen. :D

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments - I value every one! If you wish to comment as 'Anonymous', please sign your full name to avoid being garbage can fodder! ;-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...