Thursday 3 September 2020

Did you know...

 ...that masterboards are a thing?  I first heard the word from my friend Angela , who has, over the years, created and blogged about them to my great delight.  She turns them into huge variety of wonderful objets d'art. 

Now, I need more paper like I need more fattening cookies, pies, cakes, chocolates in the time of Covid-19...  well, you get the drift.  However, I'd found myself with a stamped, stenciled, blah and boring very large sheet of brown 'stuff' that needed some work.  Plus, I'd a small drawer full of mop-up painted paper towels.  You know what happened, right?

The paper towels got spray-glued to a 22" x 34" sheet of white paper and the colours just have me drooling a bit.


Here are some closeups for you.






The blah and boring brown thing 


got hit with some paint (quinacridone burnt sienna from Daniel Smith, now unavailable, and Golden iridescent bronze, raw umber, quinacridone nickel aso gold and turquoise).   It's looking a wee bit different now.


It's safe to say that I'm drooling a lot over these bits!






Now there's more fun in the offing - these will eventually be turned into cards, tags, bookmarks, mini books and more.  Is there anyone in the world who has more delicious fun than artists?  I don't think so!

How about you - what kind of deliciousness have you been getting into this week?  I'd love to hear in the comments below...

15 comments:

  1. Loving this, Win! My studio is tiny so a piece of paper or card of that size would dwarf my easel, but I wish... I especially like the way those little dots of orange and red appeared in the pattern of the paper towel. My eyes were immediately drawn to them in the first photo, but that's probably just my obsession with circles and dots :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll no doubt have to chop these papers down to store them (or create something right away with them :D ). I, too, love the dots on this particular brand of paper towel; they appear like tiny galaxies to me.

      Delete
  2. Certainly no, Win. Creation is fun! Art is fun! Crafters and artists in the whole world are happy people, because they enjoy the fun of the creation.
    I LOVE how you altered the boring brown paper. I do this often when I do not like the papers/ricepapers etc.
    But I need to admit: What a GORGEOUS idea to use sprays on paper towel! The dots are a beautiful effect! Thank you so much for the inspiration, my dear friend. I think I will soon use my paints (any -why not?- my acrylics and watercolours too) on paper towel.
    Hugs, sweetie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the kudos on the 'Boring Brown', Mia. And as for the paper towels, they are merely mop-up papers when I have some left-over paints that are too little to do anything else with. :D They do look lovely, though, don't they?!

      Delete
  3. Hi Win, I absolutely love what you've done here. Thank you so much for linking to my blog too. I just love making Masterboards with no other thoughts than the card/paper and the techniques I will use and no thoughts as to what I might use them for as I have always found that just stunts my creativity. I look forward to seeing how you use these beauties. Sending hugs to my lovely creative friend. Angela xXx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks, Angela - just a wee bit of payback for all the pleasure you've given me with your Masterboard posts! And sending hugs right back, with thanks again!

      Delete
  4. Once again I am amazed by your assured gestures and by your sumptuous colours.
    Long live the paper napkins and all the other supports that are offered to serve your immense talent!
    Take a bow my friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks, Sim - what a lovely comment! Here's to paper napkins and elimination of Boring Browns! :D

      Delete
  5. Okay, I have to go on record as saying that I was most drawn to the "boring, blah, brown" piece and was horrified to see it's makeover in its entirty! However, that said, as I saw each of the smaller bits, I most certainly fell back in love with each of them--individually! The thought of a masterboard is overwhelming to me! Both in its creation and segmentation. We need a playdate! lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Kay - I just had to giggle at your first sentence. There are times when I realize that I should NEVER have gone so far with my experimentation, but thankfully, this wasn't one. I'm not a fan of browns, and was quite delighted to see so many luscious bits in the final result! Sorry for your initial horror - hope I can show you down the line that the bits were worth the change! xo

      Delete
  6. Winn your creativity never ceases to amaze me. I find myself shaking my head at the things you come up with every time I drop in. Rest assured that I will be snitching these for backgrounds. Rock on you wild woman!
    As for me, I'm a one trick pony all my activity this week will be on my blog next week. Is the suspense killing you...lol Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's little wonder you're shaking your head, Deann, given that I can't seem to settle on anything for long enough to really nail it. :D And by all means, use these to your heart's content - you are most welcome. I can hardly wait to see them in action, and as always, will look forward to your posts with great anticipation! xoxo

      Delete

Thanks for your comments - I value every one! If you wish to comment as 'Anonymous', please sign your full name to avoid being garbage can fodder! ;-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...