Thursday 12 March 2020

You knew that more and more...

....Creative Jumpstart 2020 projects were in store for you today, right?  'Cause you're brilliant and you're paying attention!  :D 

Gwen Lafleur is a fabulous artist, and it's no surprise that I loved her video and process.  This journal page in my small (6" x 4") black paper journal was the result.


Nancy Curry's video was a ton of fun.  While I didn't have the LP record I should have been working on, these CD's were a fun start and I learned a ton doing them.  There is much more to her project than shown here, and now that I have the tools to get a good start, I am beyond pumped.  Watch this space!


You all know how crazy I am about altered books, journals, and mini books, right?  Well the video by Rae Missigman was pure delight, and I can see many more of these appearing in my future.


I'm a self-admitted pattern freak and a gel print geek.  Absolute truth!  So the making-patterns-with-the-gel-plate video by Tania Ahmed was so up my alley that I could have built it (the alley, that is).  What fun, and because I totally trashed a gel plate while attempting a technique in a previous video, I could chop it into pieces to use.  More to come... :D


Andrea Chebeleu did a great video and had me working on a canvas (because I didn't have the 'correct' materials she worked on.  I had a blast with this, and suspect that I'll be playing with many more in this fashion.



I just love the variety of styles and videos presented in Creative JumpStart 2020 - it's like a cornucopia of luscious creativity!  More next week, and do let me know what you're up to in the comments below, adding links if you choose!

11 comments:

  1. Oh, what colourful fun! I love those pops of blue on the canvas. As for me, I'm still knitting and will be moving out in to the garden now that the rain seems to have let up. It's a jungle out there. Other than that, I've decided to join in the 100 day project in April. Are you up for that one?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't imagine how you keep up with it all, Tracy! Between knitting, journalling, gardening, etc., it's a wonder you're even considering the 100 days project. And now you've got me thinking....

      Delete
    2. Oh dear, that's dangerous... :)

      Delete
  2. I find it endlessly interesting the number of ways that we express ourselves through art. The unique way that each person sees the world is truly wonderful. Thank you for bringing so many different thoughts together to share with us. Now if we could just all come together and accept each other as we are it would be an marvelous thing.
    As for me I'm up to no good as usual. Have a happy creative week my friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Deann - it's a constant wish of mine that we could 'come together and accept each other as we are'; it would be a marvelous thing indeed. In the meantime, I believe that we are best being 'up to no good' in our art, and our play-full lives. May we long continue to do and be so! Hugs...

      Delete
  3. It's great to see so many interesting ways that people produce their art. Altered anything is good for me and I am working at the moment to use up some of the items that I have saved to recycle in the hope that I can make some space. I am a true hoarder of anything that looks as though it could be recycled Lol! Wishing you a fun and creative week, Angela xXx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I had to laugh at this, Ang - like you, I am a compulsive hoarder. Were it not for our move a couple of years ago, we'd have been buried alive in those 'fabulous things'! :D

      Delete
  4. I can only say WOW! Great colour and super ideas. There are so many interesting online courses one could take it is mind boggling that I might just have to try some!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'd love Creative Jumpstart, Val - and it's on until November!!! Tease, tease.... :D

      Delete
  5. Oh my gosh .. all these creative art ... awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Such a great start to a new creative year - love it!

      Delete

Thanks for your comments - I value every one! If you wish to comment as 'Anonymous', please sign your full name to avoid being garbage can fodder! ;-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...