Tuesday 2 December 2014

You already know...

...that I'm a paper addict.  Sometimes I'm so addicted to making paper (it's all that glorious colour!) that I completely forget my other projects as they sit in stacks on my work table, chairs and sill.  But in my defense, paper making is so much fun and you know I'm all about the play.  Whether gesso paper, painted papers or crystalline,


it's incredibly hard to stop.

In an on-going attempt to bring my tutorial page  up to date with videos, I've been paper-making like crazy.  This week it was a tutorial on crystalline paper, one of my favourites:


I love this paper so much because it is transparent or translucent (depending on how much paint one uses), so it varies according to what is underneath.  The same paper can result in different looks entirely.

Green tone crystalline paper over white bond

Green crystalline paper over pastel green bond

Burnt scarlet paper over bright yellow bond

Burnt scarlet paper over white bond

Blue/green paper over white bond

Blue/green paper over yellow bond

I've made cards, boxes,

That's actually a pretty bilious green, isn't it?

bags, flowers,

 and incorporated it into collages and paintings.  It looks happy everywhere.



And again, this technique is thanks to Nita Leland and Virginia Lee Williams from their book 'Creative Collage Techniques'.

If you've enjoyed the video, I'd appreciate it if you'd subscribe to my You Tube channel...it encourages me to make more of them, which gives me fodder for creating, which leads to more blog posts, which . . . well, you get the picture.  Thanks for your comments and support - you're the ones who help feed the flames.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments - I value every one! If you wish to comment as 'Anonymous', please sign your full name to avoid being garbage can fodder! ;-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...