Thursday 11 August 2022

Well it was a squish. . .

 . . . but I did manage to get another crossed-structure binding completed.  And while I made a mistake, it was a new one, so that's a great thing, right?  No repeats!  🤣


Because I've admired a friend's elastic bindings so much, I created one for this book, which means there will be no slipcase involved due to the depth of the 'jewel' on the elastic.


The elastic and set stone makes the book a clear 3/8" deeper on what would be the inside of the case were there to be one.


I'm loving the black against that p o w colour, so carried it through on all the edging as well.


There were bits of cutoffs from the linking of the binding, and I'd normally throw them in my stash to use another day.  My passion for the colour combination meant that I literally could not wait to create something with them.


I just had to make some tags (I keep a stash for gift-giving) with them, and very much enjoyed the contrast created by different sets of backgrounds.


And front or back, they look terrific to me!


I hope your colour combinations gave you as much joy this week - I look forward to seeing what you've been up to!  

6 comments:

  1. Oh my! this colour combo is just lush! and you have finished everything which such precision. I have no idea why you think there is a mistake cos I can't see it! however this is typical of all of us but I have stopped immediately throwing stuff in the bin because it didn't do what I had planned Hee! Hee! Loving the way you've used the left-over bits too, you know how much I love the waste bits. Wishing you a very happy and hopefully cool and creative week xXx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Ang - I truly agree. And I have a largish section of this (formerly) white-on-white wallpaper to turn into something else, which makes me even happier! Regardless of the error, it's a pleasure for me, and using the bits of leftovers (and you were the one who taught me that!) even more so!

      Delete
  2. Loving those rich colours, Win. The black just sets them off beautifully. And you did make me laugh when you said you made different mistakes this time. I was impressed with the efficiency of using those scraps immediately, too :) As you saw from my blog, I was awash with bright colours this week, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup - I'm all over these colours as well and I love the way black makes them pop like bubblegum! I was loving your colours on your posts this week...it's a wonderful thing to be basking the in the glory of all that deliciousness.

      Delete
  3. Dear friend, I find this book simply FA-BU-LOUS!
    ( These colours are my fav' :)
    Your beautiful jewel on black elastic is perfect and wisely replaces the protective case.
    How much fun you must have creating these gorgeous things and using all your scraps of beautiful paper with art... Which really don't deserve to end up in the trash!
    I hope all is well in your house and in your studio.
    I send you all my good thoughts across lands and oceans.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure with you on the colour, Sim, thanks!! I do love to utilize as much of the leftovers as possible (although not nearly as quickly as I did this time! 😀 All is well here, as I hope it is with you. We're enjoying the summer to the max! Sending big hugs and wishes for a beauteous one for you as well. xo

      Delete

Thanks for your comments - I value every one! If you wish to comment as 'Anonymous', please sign your full name to avoid being garbage can fodder! ;-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...