Thursday 21 January 2021

My addictive nature...

 ...has taken over again.  As usual, I'm starting the year with a gift to myself.  Creative Jumpstart with Nathalie Kalbach is in its 10th year, and I've done a fair number of them.

One of the videos this week is by Amanda Trought who's done a fabulous mini book technique.  You know how much I love mini books, right?

So I had to try one, and then another, and then another, using an itsy bitsy part of my gel print stash.


These are all about 4 1/4 inches high by 2 3/4" wide, although they can be made in any size depending on the size of the single sheet of paper with which you start.  And they can be made with as many pages as you like.

I love starting with gel prints because that gets rid of the white page anxiety for me, but one could use anything from hand-painted paper, cardstock, magazines, and more.  By the time I work my way through these, they'll likely look totally different, but perhaps you'd like to take a closer look regardless.






If you'd like to learn how to make these (and many more beauties), I highly recommend Nathalie's #creativejumpstart21 - with a month's worth of classes, the ability to download and keep them forever and the wide range of topics and techniques, it's a no-brainer in my books!

14 comments:

  1. Well, I see you still have a great new project my friend.
    It seams so fantastic.
    And I am sure that, as always, you will come to fruition with flying colours and wonderful ideas.
    You are a very clever and creative creature Win.
    Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Sim. As always, I can hardly wait to feed the addiction. I'm curious to see how these little four-spread mini books will grow. :D

      Delete
  2. I never thought I'd read about you having 'blank page anxiety', Win. Your bold use of colour seems to just flow out of you. I envisage you staring that blank page in the eye and fearlessly throwing down that colour! Looking forward to seeing how you transform these little books.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to say that those gel prints are such fun to make that the white page anxiety has definitely abated, Tracy. I love starting mini books with pages that are already lush with juicy colour, and these are no exception...I, too, am looking forward to seeing where they'll take me. :D

      Delete
  3. Hi Win, this is a great way to use up your gel stash I love it but now you've got them joined together what happens next!!!! Happy crafting my friend. Hugs, Angela xXx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! Now that's the $64,000 (or $64,000,000 with inflation) question, isn't it?! I'm looking forward to seeing where the muse will take me with these. :D

      Delete
  4. Win you have some great gelli print papers and they are so right for the mini books, they are great! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Amanda - I'm so appreciative of your technique, and can see a number of these books magically appearing in the studio in the next while! ;-)

      Delete
  5. I can't resist mini books either - and gel prints are always a good starting point! Enjoy your creative jump into 2021, Win!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Zsuzsa - it's always such a great way to start the year!

      Delete
  6. Cool beans thanks for the info... I think your books are lovely just the way they are, but I can't wait to see how they turn out when you take them to the next level. You have always got something fun cooking.
    Meanwhile I am making your Christmas Card for next Christmas I figure if I mail it this week it should get there in time...lol Sorry I couldn't help it. We all have our addictive natures and mine is bad jokes.
    Have a wonderful week me dear. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Deann, and I'm still giggling at the length of time it took our respective post offices to get that Christmas card to me. Even with Covid in play it shouldn't have taken five weeks to get here; I'm pretty sure I could have walked the 1500 km. in that length of time. :D

      As for the mini books, I'm working on the first one and can hardly wait to finish them all - I'll send one to you with a reciprocal bad joke. :D Big hugs, my friend...

      Delete
  7. They are great little books. I have made them from a single sheet of paper too. I think they call them Zine books. Anyway, good to see you keep busy and are having fun creating!
    Corrie xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're delightful to make, and especially fun when one can 'cheat' with a painted piece of paper or gel print. And there are so many different ways of folding them that one could get lost for days. :D xo

      Delete

Thanks for your comments - I value every one! If you wish to comment as 'Anonymous', please sign your full name to avoid being garbage can fodder! ;-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...