Thursday 8 October 2020

I've been away...

 ...for a wee bit, welcoming our second grandson to the world.  Owen Mitchell Purdy joined the family on September 30, 2020, weighing in at 7 lb., 10 oz., first-born to Rochelle Christensen and Jeremy Purdy.  He joins his two cousins Linkin and Chloe (who was just born in June, 2020).  We're pleased as punch and smitten to the max.


Given that I'm going to be out of town for a while (I love spending time with newborns, don't you?), I thought I'd share a birthday painting.  Link's third birthday isn't until early November, but his painting has been delivered already, and I know his parents well enough that it's unlikely to be still in the bag.  😉

Link's First Catch © Win Dinn  10" x 10" on cradled wood panel

You might recognize those fishy scales as part of this wild and wacky paper towel background I created a few weeks ago.


Here are some closeups of the piece...I'm just loving those juicy little bits of colour.








And to answer your yet-as-unasked question, I DO have a piece on the easel in honour of Owen's birth.  That's going to be Rochelle and Jeremy's shower gift in early November...I love it that they are able to have a shower after his birth!  It will be an interesting experience to attend a Covid-safe shower - how ever will I keep from hugging all those happy people?!!!

16 comments:

  1. Oh, Win, your second son is SOOOOOOOOO cute!!!!!!!! Give me a kiss from me!!!! I love your dolphin painting, my friend. Perfect for babies! And: Of course I love spending time with newbies!!! Who doesn't? Kisses to you too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is most definitely a cutie-patootie, and I'll add another kiss to his face as soon as he wakes!

      Delete
  2. First of all, CONGRATULATIONS to the Owen's parents for this wonderful treasure!
    So so beautiful!
    Then, bravo for this awesome fish Win!
    This is a marvel of textures and colours.
    And, to finish, of course, a big thank you for all your so sweet comments my friend.
    Happy time with your family!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sim - we are delighted, of course, and his parents are in seventh heaven. And thanks for the kudos on the fish, Sim - I'm sure people were wondering what that crazy paper would be used for! xo

      Delete
  3. Congratulations Win! What a cutie and the second arrival within the last few months, if I remember correctly? The fish painting looks awesome - love the sparkly bits in it! Enjoy your time with your newest grandbaby! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're bang on, Zsuzsa, and we couldn't be happier with our arrivals. Owen has two cousins, all within a 3-year span, so we feel most fortunate! Thanks for the kudos on the fish...that was a fun project!

      Delete
  4. Congratulations on the birth of Owen. I love your fish painting ! Hope you’re well.
    Thank you for all your lovely comments on my blogposts!
    Corrie x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Corrie, and thanks for always brightening my week with your wonderful posts!!

      Delete
  5. What a little treasure! Who wouldn't want to spend time with the newest member of the family? That newborn baby smell...
    And a lovely birthday gift for Linkin, too. Loving those sparkly bits.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Tracy - the sparkly bits are my fave! :D And yes, there's just no way to beat the smell of a new baby in the family...bliss plus!

      Delete
  6. A beautiful name for a beautiful boy. You're so lucky to have such happiness in your life everyone needs something to make them smile at the moment and what could be better than a new family member. Nice fish painting too. Wishing you all much happiness, Angela xXx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I so agree, Angela - we feel fortunate indeed. Thanks for the good wishes, and a very happy week to you and yours! xo

      Delete
  7. What a handsome little dude, Babies art just the best, especially when you can just enjoy them and don't have to get up in the night to take care of them. Congratulations Grandma.
    Who would have thunk that you could make something that cute from a paper towel...you are amazing.
    Have fun at the Baby Shower and take care of you.
    Hugs, Deann

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Deann - we are so happy with our new addition, and I'm getting in as many cuddles as possible while I'm here helping my daughter for a bit (a tough delivery). Thanks for the kudos on the paper towel fish...that was fun to do! xo Happy week, my friend.

      Delete
  8. Congratulations! Babies are the best! =)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments - I value every one! If you wish to comment as 'Anonymous', please sign your full name to avoid being garbage can fodder! ;-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...