Thursday 27 February 2020

You probably suspect...

...that I've been lollygagging artistically over the past few months, but that is not remotely the case.

January was filled with Creative Jumpstart 2020 and when I say filled, I mean FILLED.  If you'd like to kick-start your creative year, I'd highly recommend it.  Organised by Natalie Kalbach, it includes video lessons by 31 well-known creatives.  Best part?  You can download them and keep them on file to refer to them later, as long as you do so before November 15/20.  It's not too late to get in on the fun, so I encourage you to hop over there and DO IT!

I had a ton of fun with the videos, and very much enjoyed each of them for the unique slant on creating. 

Here are some of the lessons I did manage to finish without too much in the way of error or outright fails.  The starter video by Natalie herself was a dead loss due to a major disagreement between some cardboard, a rubber stamp and yours truly, so it's on the back burner to try again.  Keep prompting me if you don't see it in the next month or so!!


I loved making this mini book from Tina Walker's video - it was a unique way to create the background and the book form itself.  


The above journal spread was the result of Marieke Blokland's video, and it's one of my best self portraits, don't you think?  Those of you who know me are aware of my cookie hound character.


If I'd bet on a lesson that I'd hate, the jewelry drawing one by Jane LaFazio would have won hands down.  WRONG!  It was a blast to do, and reminded me that actual drawing could be fun.


The return to colour theory by Andrea Gomoll (do these look like landscapes to you?) was a great exercise.


Painting emotions by Iris Fritschi-Cussens was another fun one.  I'm not much for painting faces at all, so this journal spread was a big stretch...and back to the drawing board.  ;-)

I'll share some more of these next week, and in the meantime, I'd love to hear how you're expanding your creative vision (post a link in your comment if you like!). 

10 comments:

  1. How nice to see you back in blogland, Win. I've missed you.
    Thank your sharing with us the link for Creative Jumpstart 2020.
    I love all your beautiful creations. It must have been a very interesting period for you and I am glad you had fun. Kisses, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Mia - it's good to be back, refreshed and ready to play in Blogland again. I'm looking forward to catching up with everyone as well.

      Delete
  2. Oh how cool... I can see how much fun you had already at Creative Jumpstart! I joined it in the beginning of it a few years ago as it was for free and it was amazing. Enjoy it furthermore dear Win!
    Big hugs,
    Susi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's been great fun, Susi - there are so many talented artist videos, and always something to learn. It's very playful!

      Delete
  3. You *were* busy, Win! It's always fun to step out of your comfort zone and try something new, isn't it? It reminds me that I need to pull out some of my books and give a few new exercises a try. In the meantime, it's knit and crochet season for me during the cold months as well as the usual art journalling.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love watching videos and testing all the fun techniques, and there are such a great host of artists on JumpStart. I'd be with you on the knitting/crocheting if I weren't so hand-craft challenged...my mom used to say I had 11 thumbs. :D

      Delete
  4. Super work Win and it sounds like you had a blast.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I most certainly did so, Val - and I'm already looking forward to next year's program. :D

      Delete
  5. I think we all need a bit of a kick start at this time of the year though the days are starting to lengthen a little now here in the UK which always seems to help. I'm loving your mini journal, hope we get to see more pages. The landscapes are lovely too....yes they do look like landscapes! Happy creating, Angela xXx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, one can almost feel spring in the air as the daylight lengthens - major yay!!! Happy week, Ang, and happy creating! xo

      Delete

Thanks for your comments - I value every one! If you wish to comment as 'Anonymous', please sign your full name to avoid being garbage can fodder! ;-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...