Friday 25 March 2016

Back at TAPS...

...and loving it.  The theme this week was Crazy Creston, and it was another afternoon of laughter and fun.


I particularly enjoyed the camaraderie around the table as some of the participants worked together to create these wild and wacky collages.


It was obvious that they enjoyed not only the process but the results.



So many of them likened the experience of collage as a 'return to kindergarten', and they certainly looked like a bunch of happy children as they finished.


How this delightful woman managed to work upside down as her partner across the table gave her directions is beyond me!


 I'm loving that multi-storied building in this young woman's collage!


 Each collage had their own style and flavour,


and some of them generated a whole lot of monkey business.  See the two nearly nude men in this one?


It was a delight to watch them work and see their final results.  Unfortunately, I seem to have missed a few participants and their work in the photo-taking department.  Fire the photographer, I say!


I can see there's a strong possibility of repeat action on collaging - they all took to it like the proverbial ducks to water.


Naturally, I'm now (again) hooked on collage, and will be adding that to some of my journals over the next while.  It's such an ongoing inspiration to play with others, isn't it?

20 comments:

  1. Fun and colourful! It doesn't look like you had the kids with you for this play-time - I bet it was quieter - lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We just had one this time, Val, and she was so quiet and engrossed that I didn't even manage to get a photo! Bad Win!!!

      Delete
  2. Their collages are just so fun - love how unique they all are too!! But what really does my heart good is all those FABULOUS smiles. You are touching lives WIN - giving people hope - something to look forward to - adding happiness to their day. I am just sooooo proud of you girl. This is WONDERFUL WONDERFUL to see. Big Hugs. j.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren't they Joi? They had a great time, and they certainly give me as much happiness as I can encourage in them - and more! xo

      Delete
  3. Wonderful to see the variety of art created and most importantly all the smiling faces!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know I say it over and over, but it's just SO important to play with creative materials. Best fun ever!

      Delete
  4. You all look as though you had a brilliant time. Happy Easter, Angela x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We definitely did, Angela - much laughter all 'round!

      Delete
  5. I see the troop wandered from the theme again! It doesn't matter though you can see by the smiles that they were having fun1

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true, Alice - they all had a blast, and on theme, or not, they just couldn't stop smiling!

      Delete
  6. Just look at those smiles! I love how you pull together people from all walks of life and give them the gift of creating, Win! Just wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. While I'd love to take credit for the pulling together, that's actually the whole concept of the TAPS program, and one I think is just fabulous. They are an amazing group, whose sole intent it to keep seniors in their own homes as long as possible, bringing them together for meals and socialization. Terrific concept, and they have a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like a fun day ! Take care, Shirleyxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely a blast, Shirley - hope you're having a great Easter weekend! xo

      Delete
  9. How fun I wish you lived in my neighborhood...rock on ladies.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Collaging is one one my favorites as well Win!
    I love the couple that were up to the "monkey business"! How much fun! They all look like they were enjoying the heck out of this! You are such an inspiration dear friend, truly you are!
    love,Jackie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks, Jackie - I know that I had a ton of fun with this group, and they were actually inspiring me. You and I will need to get together for a collage/play day sometime. It's on my bucket list my friend! xo

      Delete
  11. You are so right, there really is nothing quite like getting together and making some art. This looks like everyone had a wonderful time, and everyone created something fabulous.

    Gotta love collage!!!!!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Collage is so much fun, Trisha, and it's one medium that everyone can master quickly. What could be better?!

      Delete

Thanks for your comments - I value every one! If you wish to comment as 'Anonymous', please sign your full name to avoid being garbage can fodder! ;-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...