Monday 24 August 2015

Oh, it's been crazy...

in the studio these past ten days.  An installation of the new Windows 10 and subsequent un-install (don't ask!) has left me reeling, out of sorts, and computer-cranky.  Don't we love to hate them?

At any rate, now that I have things back to something resembling normal, I can show you what else I've been up to (not much as you can imagine!).  I've finished a painting - a test of Golden gesso, and doesn't it shine?

'Gold 'n Pearls'  12" x 6" mixed media on cradled wood panel © Win Dinn
This other completion is also filled with metallics, and as difficult to photograph as they all can be. Texture and glow are everywhere.
'She Lived it All'  10 x 8" mixed media on cradled wood panel  © Win Dinn
I've been working off and on these shoes at Puffin Design for quite some time, and have a couple of ladies coming in to watch the progress.  It's been fun to see their reactions.

'Dancing Shoes' altered shoes © Win Dinn
 I always love seeing close-ups of these crazy projects,
Dancing Shoes Detail
and the side-views are intriguing as well.
Dancing Shoes, side view
I've started a mini-book, and hope to finish it this next week,


and of course I've still got mandalas on the brain, on the table, and in the works.  This colouring book is slated to be printed by the end of September, so I've got to get a move on!


Now that I've got you wearing your creative thinking cap, can I have your suggestions for a title for this new mandala colouring book, designed especially for adults?  I'd love to hear your idea!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments - I value every one! If you wish to comment as 'Anonymous', please sign your full name to avoid being garbage can fodder! ;-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...