Wednesday 5 August 2015

I'm always looking...

...for new ways to create interesting backgrounds, and I thought I'd share a couple of ideas with you this week.

I wound up with this, which I thought would be a good start to a painting.


The process started last week with a 6 x 6 tangle on fun foam (below right), and I immediately made a Gelli print (or ten) to see how it would look.




I liked it enough that I started a 9 x 12 piece (here) on fun foam,


and then went nuts with my beloved Gelli plate,


printing one

after another,

after another.  These ghost prints made with Golden Open Acrylics (have I told you how much I LOVE them for Gelli printing?) pleased me no end.  I thought this one would make a good start for the first photo,


so I created a house wrap stencil of vines that had been tickling the muse for a while.  I printed a first print on a clean sheet (not shown), and then over-printed the above with a ghost print.



I'm pretty happy with the results and just as soon as I finish my manic mandala fixation I'm going to be making more of both the fun foam tangles and the house wrap stencils.  I'll keep you posted with the results no doubt.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments - I value every one! If you wish to comment as 'Anonymous', please sign your full name to avoid being garbage can fodder! ;-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...