Monday 12 January 2015

It's been a scramble...

...this past week, and I suspect that will continue through this one.

I've been trying to keep up with Creative JumpStart 2015, and with about six videos and techniques to play with each week, that's saying a lot.

I really enjoyed creating some embellishments based on a video by Andrea Gomoll that had a bit of a twist from ones I'd tried previously.  I spread a layer of coloured clear tar gel (cadmium red in this case) and another of coloured glass beads (using quinacridone magenta in the glass bead gel) on a palette paper, allowed them to dry overnight, and cut them into shapes for the raised hearts on this tag.




Another video by Diana Trout of a pattern panorama had me jazzed too, and I had to try it.  Using this photo of the Three Sisters, an iconic mountain trio from my former home in Canmore, Alberta, 

Photo by Peter Carroll Photography

I cut out some of my beloved Gelli prints for the hills in the front, used some crystalline paper for the mountains, and layered them on a Gelli-printed mat board created for a playshop demo.  It was printed primarily with Julie Fei-Fan Balzer's aboriginal stamp.  Serendipitously, one of the circles fit exactly where I need the sun - how's that for the Universe working in my favour?!  I over-painted the sky area with some orange because I felt the quinacridone gold was a little too subdued, did some stamping on the front hills, and quickly sketched in some trees.  I was laughing the whole time I put this quiet, unassuming mountain scene together.


'Neon Three II" mixed media on mat board © Win Dinn

Just so you don't think that my whole world of colour is in the hot range, I did play this week with some Gelli prints and black paint.  Oops, there may be a bit of red under one of these.




I hope you've had some major colour, laughter and fun in the past few days, and that your week has been an entertaining scramble too!  If not, you might consider joining the Gelli it Up! playshop in Kimberley this coming weekend - we've got one spot left just for YOU.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments - I value every one! If you wish to comment as 'Anonymous', please sign your full name to avoid being garbage can fodder! ;-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...