Monday 5 January 2015

Experiments....

starts, finishes and bloopers are a regular part of my studio life.

This past week I've been playing with the videos from Creative Jumpstart 2015, and having a ton of fun.

I've tested the background technique inspired by the Nathalie Kalback video on journalling on this piece of matboard.  You can see the technique I used in this video - it is similar in many ways to Nathalie's method.

Background using paper towel lift
I've covered it with a wash of quinacridone sienna, and sprinkled drops of water onto it.


Pressing a cloth on to the background lifts the splashes of water and some of the paint as well for another great effect.


Last post I showed you this collage inspired by Jimmy Leslie's video,


and I did my first ever face plant - sorry, make that face stencil, by following Julie Fei-Fan Balzer's fabulous video instructions.  For someone who is spatially challenged, this was a great success.  I used a portion of it in this journal spread.


And for some reason, this tiny painting had been sitting in the studio for weeks (read months), unfinished, and it's now a done deed and sitting in our living room where it was intended to live.

'In Bloom' 4" x 3" mixed media
on cradled wood panel ©Win Dinn

I hope you're having as much fun with your creative life.

And if you're in Creston, why not stop into the Chamber and check out the show there?  It's a great way to heat up your creativity!


Oh, you want to know about the bloopers?  Not gonna happen in this post, but watch for a good one in an upcoming video!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments - I value every one! If you wish to comment as 'Anonymous', please sign your full name to avoid being garbage can fodder! ;-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...