Friday 15 June 2018

Wham, bam...

...I'm Studio Sam (or Samette?), back in the thick of it.

My first guests in the new studio brought it on in style.  It started with Lynne Mizera making this fantabulous 3D new studio card complete with an extensive array of fussy-cut items on the walls including photos of me, and in-progress works on the table.  Call me gob-smacked!








When you realize the whole card is about 8 inches in width, 4 inches high and 2 inches deep your eyes will cross and head roll when you imagine doing all those teeny, tiny, itsy, bitsy cuts!  Accompanying a lovely little art journal (more play time coming up), it is a stupendous gift.  

She brought it when she joined three others here for a play date.  While we normally have a theme for our playtimes, this particular morning was a free-for-all.

Maureen worked on this fabulous collage - Here's to Hue! indeed.  Could it get any more colour-full?!


Eileen finished this watercolour she'd been working on,


and then started another one in her dog series.  She was on a roll, and so intent that I'm not sure she even heard the conversation around her.


 Deni was tearing into the Gelli plate, making prints and turning them into cards.


Lynne worked in a journal, and was delighted with the bits and pieces she found in the scrap box - why is it that they always look better when they're in someone else' box?!


Those of you who know of my struggle when it comes to spatial relationships will laugh when I tell you it took near three hours to figure out how to make an envelope for a booklet I'd created (more on that later).  Had there been a photo of me, it would have shown me staring stupidly into space as I faced the task with confuddled bemusement.


While still in progress, it's likely to get done today or tomorrow, delivery will happen soon, and I can do a post for you on the envelope contents.


I did have 20 minutes or so at the end of the morning, where I was able to toss all thought aside and play with the Gelli plate. 


As always, I enjoy the look of the newly-painted stencils, too.



I'd love to hear about your week - catch me up in the comments below, and feel free to add a link!  

22 comments:

  1. What a happy and talented team!
    A trip to your blog is always a pleasure Win.
    I adore your extraordinary gift lucky lady!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always enjoy seeing what artists create, and never more so than when I can watch them in action...it was a great morning. Thanks for the kudos on the blog, Sim - like yours it's a great way to share the creative inspiration!

      Delete
  2. How unusual and fabulous Lynne's card is! Totally captivating and it seems you're back in full swing in your studio, Win!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Marvellous, isn't it Zsuzsa? I'm less than enamoured with fussy cutting and I salute anyone who can take it to this level. Yes, I'm glad to be back in the swing of things, and definitely enjoyed this playtime!

      Delete
  3. OH WOW about Lynne Mizera's mini studio diorama! What a complex and adorable work of art.
    So pleased to see how all your guests enjoyed themselves playing in your new studio!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, indeed. I was stunned at the length to which Lynne went to create this card - it's totally outstanding and will be a permanent part of the studio, I suspect. And yes, it was so much fun to play with my friends; I can feel another one coming up soon, and with luck, you'll be in the midst of it.

      Delete
  4. Oh my Win! what a fantastic card. There is so much amazing detail, just shows what a lovely person you are for Lynne to spend all that time making such a fabulous gift. Sending big hugs, Angela xXx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it amazing, Angela - I am stunned by the detail and creativity! Thanks for stopping by to say hello, my friend!

      Delete
  5. What a clever card and such an unusual gift! It looks like you are already putting your new space to good use, Win. I am sure you will be having lots of fun in the days and years to come!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true, Val - I'm in awe of Lynne's creativity! The space is fabulous, and I'm looking forward to years of use here!

      Delete
  6. How wonderful to have some playtime with friends! That card is stupendous - what a lovely gift. And gelli-plate play is such a joy. My only worry with getting mine out at the moment is having enough space to let things dry. I'll have to get creative with wall space rather than floor space, I think.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was lovely, Tracy, and such a great way to break in the studio. I've had times when I've Gelli-printed so much I had to hang the results using bull-dog clips on the walls - whatever works! :D

      Delete
  7. This card is really stupendous - extremly how tiny all the details - I am in awe of it and
    wow wow wow
    the girls came up with great things on your meeting!
    I never can do much art when meeting up with art friends for doing art together. I always just look what the others do and enjoy the conversation too much to create something!

    The best way to have a "studiowarming" party with friends !
    Enjoy your weekend my friend and much fun in the studio!
    It always takes time to figure out envelopes and such things...I can tell you how often I fail or my measurements are not right!
    Happy weekend!

    Hugs, Susi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, your comment about not be able to do much art when playing with friends really strikes home, Susi...the only reason I accomplished anything this time was due to the fact that I was on a mission to wrap my head around that envelope so IT could wrap around a booklet. :D

      It was a great time, and I love the card. Hoping you have had a great weekend, my friend! xo

      Delete
  8. Bravo all you B.C. ladies for creating more beauty in the world. That house is to died for.
    I on the other hand have been chasing my 5 grandkids around all week not conducive to creating anything but happy memories and dirty diapers....do Popsicle drips on the patio count as artwork???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm with you on that card, Deann...awesome. And I can't imagine having five grandkids for a week - I salute you, my very ambitious and loving friend! I'll bet you anything there are some fabulous accidental works of art in those Popsicle drips! :D xo

      Delete
  9. I was mesmerized by that miniature studio that you designed with the plethora of art materials, tools and pieces of art. I was already impressed, and then I read the dimensions of it, and I was flabbergasted. Thanks for your recent visit and blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't that studio card great, Arnoldo, and I WISH I'd designed it; it was done by a fabulously artsy friend, Lynne Mizera! Lovely to see your recent post - I'd been missing you!

      Delete
  10. So good to see you are having fun in your new studio!!! Keep up the good work!!!
    Corrie xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a blast to have things up and running again, Corrie...just loving the space and fun!

      Delete
  11. Oh to have your friends back in your studio must be heaven for you Win! I couldn't be happier for you!
    That card is truly amazing!! Knock your socks off amazing! Please tell her= Bravo for me!
    huge hugs,Jackie xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It truly is amazing, Jackie, and I am so happily in my element here. I'll definitely pass the kudos along on the card to Lynne - it's so fabulous!!

      Delete

Thanks for your comments - I value every one! If you wish to comment as 'Anonymous', please sign your full name to avoid being garbage can fodder! ;-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...