Thursday 15 February 2018

As we wind down...

...the playtime and ramp up for Valentine's Day, it was obvious that we'd have to do a heart-filled morning of play.  Of course, I discovered that in my Purge to the Max I'd cleaned out most of my red/pink/purple paper (or did I use it all?!).  This necessitated a Gelli-printing session, always a fun way to lose a day.

With lace,


a plate, and my trusty brayer (along with a journal for cleaning it),


I made several sheets of paper and some tags to start the day off right.


With a supply of paper, tags and ephemera, the excitement was high.




Linda M was as colourful as the paper, 


and Deni dressed for the theme - gorgeous, right?


 Lynne was a whirlwind and had half a dozen pieces made before we could even blink!


I was drooling over the results from all of us.  Here they are, with Deni's first three (I may have missed two or three of hers),




a couple of beauties from Linda, 



 and a host from the ever-prolific Lynne.










These are mine, although I think I've misplaced my 'Quiet Colour Brush' somewhere in the madness.  The good part is that I've obviously retained the Wilfully Wonky look everywhere, right Linda?


The funny thing is that I don't see a piece of paper lace anywhere, nor any of that oh-so-carefully-created paper.  What's with that?  It just goes to show that you can't trust artists of any ilk!

Catch me up on your doings in the comments below...I'd love to hear about all of your Love Projects!


24 comments:

  1. What a meeting with artistic woman - great pieces from all of you!
    I so wished I could be part of such an event once --- would be wonderful!

    Thanks for sharing and I love your vibrant papers and artwork !
    ♥♥♥
    Happy belated Valentine's Day Win Dinn!
    oxo Susi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Susi, I think you're just going to have to come to Creston, BC, Canada just so you can play with a group of like-minded women. You would LOVE it! xo Happy Valentine's Day to you as well - I hope you were royally spoiled with hearts and chocolates!

      Delete
  2. So interesting to see the direction others take with a theme. Thanks for sharing them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's absolutely my favourite part of these get-togethers, Eileen. It's so inspiring to see what people create from a box of scraps!

      Delete
  3. Beautiful art, looks like it was a great class :) Cheers :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was lovely fun, Shirley - and thanks for stopping by to say hello!!

      Delete
  4. Some lovely work by your guests, Win and you will just have to use the red lace another day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, Val - it was so much fun to see who would use what to create something marvellous!

      Delete
  5. Wonderful play day, creative madness - bravo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Creative madness - I LOVE the sound of that, and it was surely so. Great fun!

      Delete
  6. How lucky you all are to be able to craft together. Brilliant results too. Happy crafting, Angela xXx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are lucky indeed, Angela - I'm really going to miss my studio whenever we get downsized. Perhaps we should consider upsizing instead just so we can add more people! :D

      Delete
  7. It just DELIGHTS my heart to see all of you together making ART Win. You all created such LOVELINESS... each one is just a wonderful as the next with so many different looks and "personalities" coming to life. As always, your post was such a bright spot in my day! Xj.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Joi - the only thing that could have made our morning better was your presence...you'd have loved being in on the fun! xo

      Delete
  8. What an artists coven of clever and creative ladies you all are, so many original and beautiful Valentine cards...I am amazed at all the truly wonderful variations.
    As for me I spent a romantic day tending my grandchildren...at least there where lots of sticky hugs and kisses.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I'm envious of those sticky hugs and kisses, Deann; you've spent the best kind of Valentine's Day! And of course, your creativity knows no bounds no matter what you're doing. I suspect the stickiness came from cookie baking. :D

      Delete
  9. That looks like it was fun ! and the results are great !
    Corrie x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's amazing, isn't it Corrie, what a box of scraps can become when artists get involve - totally magic!

      Delete
  10. Fabulous makes, Win! Needing certain colours of papers is always a good excuse to break out the gelli plates! Also, whenever I want to play, but don't know what to play with, the gelli plate always comes to the rescue! Happy belated Valentine's day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It doesn't take much for me to get out the Gelli plate, Zsuzsa - and tiny excuse will do. And happy Valentine's Day right back; every day's a good day for love! xo

      Delete
  11. These are all so wonderful and happy! I love that there are so many supplies spread all over for all to share. Arting with friends is the best :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely agree, Sal - we always have so much fun when we get together to play. It's rather like kids in a candy store with all those sweets all around!

      Delete

Thanks for your comments - I value every one! If you wish to comment as 'Anonymous', please sign your full name to avoid being garbage can fodder! ;-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...