Thursday 17 December 2015

It must be Christmas...

... because I keep getting lovely things arrive in the mail.

The ornament exchange on Creating and Sharing Mixed Media Art over on Google+ brought me an extraordinary package from Gerda Frankes, all the way from Holland.

Inside was a veritable cornucopia of goodies in keeping with the Bling theme for December.


The texture on the envelope alone had me drooling.


The metal embellishments and bling inside was even more delightful.  Look at those wonderful leaves cut from pop cans according to the tag attached.


There were two delicious tags incorporating dried vegetation and some fabulous metallic paints. Since I'm a huge fan of nature and dried anything, they're right up my alley.


And have you ever seen a cuter pair of shoes - these are definitely going on the tree this year!


I fell in love with the gorgeous papers included in the package, along with these miniature slabs of wood.  You know they will end up in a painting soon!


Look at the glow on this one.


This one is so rich and deep, and those copper accents make it sing.


I love how the gold grid shows through on the unpainted areas on this leaf print!


Gerda, you sure know the direct route to my creativity heart - so very inspiring.  Many thanks, and Merry Christmas to you from Canada!

28 comments:

  1. Yeah, I'm glad you received it before Christmas! Love this sweet post. I'm glowing like a Christmas ball on a Christmas tree. Thank you and have a nice Christmas. XX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So many thanks, Gerda - the package is pure delight! Wishing a very Merry Christmas to you and yours! xo

      Delete
  2. Opening presents early, I see. What a great way to share techniques across the globe. Sweet shoes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know I've no patience for waiting, Eileen. Now, now, NOW!!! :D

      Delete
  3. What a fantastic package to receive and the little shoes are so sweet. Thanks for the visit to mine too, Angela x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful artful gift :) I hope you are having a wonderful season, Shirleyxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely, Shirley - love this time of year! xo

      Delete
  5. the textures on the papers and tags...awesome! I love the little shoe key ring also. Wonderful gifts, I say for sure!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm with you, Belinda, and thanks for stopping by to comment! Merry Christmas!

      Delete
  6. It will be fun to see what you do with all these goodies. I have done the pop can leaves and painted them with alcohol inks - always fun but watch the sharp edges. I love the shoes too and I think they are even smaller than the pair I have. Have a great Christmas Win.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Did you cut the cans on your own with tin snips, Val? That sounds a gargantuous and dangerous job! Wishing you and yours the best this Christmas!

      Delete
  7. Wonderful package of delight to be sure.
    Leaves cut from pop cans? Oh I can so see you running with that one. Be sure to load up on bandaids before you start!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely, Alice - the tag on the metal bits indicated they were Tim Holtz die cut leaves - and how lovely! xo

      Delete
    2. Then we'll have to keep our eyes peeled for just that dye so that you can keep the blood inside of you!

      Delete
  8. Thanks for sharing all the beauty from GERDA!
    The envelope is STUNNING!
    Merry Christmas, Win = )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, Sue - and Merry Christmas right back to you and yours!

      Delete
  9. FUN FUN FUN... loved seeing these. Cant' imagine making the pop can leaves - whew. So pretty though. The tags and papers are all lovely. You will have fun using these lovelies Win. Hugs. j.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Loving the leaves too, Joi - not sure about making them without a die cut though! And I can hardly wait to play!

      Delete
  10. Wow, Win, you lucky girl! This is all amazing stuff! You must have been super good this year - I think Gerda works for Santa!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course she does - why didn't I catch on to that?! A fabulous package from a terrific far-flung friend!

      Delete
  11. What delightful treasures you've received Win! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true, Laura - I can hardly wait to use them!!!

      Delete
  12. What a treasure and a great friend too...how lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a lovely gift from Gerda, Win! Lucky you! My mother was born to Dutch parents, but in the USA, so I loved those shoes!! Gerda seems to have a wonderful talent for creating texture. Great works! And, Merry Christmas to you, my friend!! Mwah!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You bet it was, Kay - I did a happy dance certainly! The shoes just made me grin! Merry Christmas right back at you my good friend - Mwah!!

      Delete

Thanks for your comments - I value every one! If you wish to comment as 'Anonymous', please sign your full name to avoid being garbage can fodder! ;-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...