Thursday 7 June 2012

Fragments, remnants and memories

Sometime in the early part of this century (I love how ancient and wise that phrase makes me sound) I did a floral collage piece that was really large:
Wildflowers  40 x 32 x 6 mixed media collage by Win Dinn
The piece was such a size that I needed to beg my brother, an extremely talented construction guru, to create a frame for it, and the very thick mat had to be custom ordered.

The mat cutting was an adventure in itself, and I womanhandled the cutout leftover chunk into a variety of mats into which I could paint.  As I was going through my art supplies while prepping for the garage sale, the mats came to light, and  became accents for a series of 'colour fragment' mixed media pieces.

Joy Rising II 3.25 x 1.25 mixed media by Win Dinn
There are about 20 odd-sized mats, so I can see this is going to be a fun project.
From the Depths  3.5 x 3.5 mixed media by Win Dinn
I'll be able to add some more pieces to the shrink-wrap 'travels well' collection for galleries, and utilize ready-cut mat supplies.  What could be better in a studio that lives by the three R's?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments - I value every one! If you wish to comment as 'Anonymous', please sign your full name to avoid being garbage can fodder! ;-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...