Thursday 5 July 2018

I got lost...

...somewhere between Creston, Penticton, the kitchen and studio.  Thank goodness I had my camera with me, so you could see I'm still in my usual chaos.

With preparations hot and heavy for a family weekend in Penticton, it was a toss-up whether I would stamp and paint,


play with shapes of paper pulled from clothing packages,


 use scraps to create a birthday card,


 or cut itsy bitsy leaves from my stamping frenzy before, during or after prep time.. 


As you can see, I did it all, although missed most of the photos required.  Then I baked and cooked up a storm before leaving town for a July long weekend with the extended family all gathering in Penticton.  Kudos to brother Neal and his wife Judith, who hosted the madness!

Sixteen people gathered (four kidlets included) with five dogs, one cat, nine dozen cookies, three dozen cupcakes,  four dozen wings, salads, ribs, wine tasting, beaches, drives, walks, a tractor and an amazing amount of laughter.  It was wonderful bedlam:









I do hope that your holiday weekend, whether in Canada or elsewhere, was as much fun.  It'll be back to creativity this next week, and maybe some of those snippets of things will actually get utilized elsewhere.  In the meantime, happy July, my artsy friends.



19 comments:

  1. Awesome ... just AWESOME!
    The miracle is everyone not only survived, that have a blast!
    The studio waits as it always has, does and will.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a fabulous time, Alice, and definitely the studio can wait. Tomorrow's another day! ;-)

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy July for you and yours too Win!
    It looks like it had well begun, with a great happy feast with yours! :D
    ... Waiting for your happy creations!! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks, Sim - it looks to be a corker, if the start is any indication. :D

      Delete
  4. I love the dog pic with Mom and baby! Also quite fond of the colour scheme of the stamped greens and turquoise accent. I am thinking bathroom colour accents.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a favourite of mine, too - especially given that mom is allergic to dogs. She was very patient with JoJo since JoJo loves babies so much!

      Delete
  5. so much fun for you all and I am sure that these snippets will appear in your art soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed, Val, and you know the artwork bits can wait to find a perfect home.

      Delete
  6. Looks wonderful, Win. I'm intrigued to see what will become of the paper from clothing packages. Could be some fun little books?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a great idea, Tracy, and a wonderful possibility...I seem to have a stack of these little bits right now!

      Delete
  7. It just seems as if it were a really AMAZING time! I love the photos - they show how lucky all were!
    And the studio will wait - the artsy bits you prepaired will come to art soon I am sure!
    Happy July dear Win Dinn!
    Hugs, Susi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It truly was, Susi - we just had so much fun. I'm already (mentally) planning the next get together; perhaps with art play combined. :D

      Delete
  8. This looks like my kind of party...plenty of kids, pets, food and fun and a little art thrown in on the side.
    I'd say Happy 4th of July but I have no idea what your celebrating up in B.C.??? What ever it is. looks like you had a great one. Til next time ROCK ON!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was fabulous, Deann, as we celebrated Canada Day on July 1 (akin to your 4th celebration). It was a fabulous thing to get everyone together in one place - half of our kids and their partners/family, my sister's children and their families, and my brother and his wife (the hosts) thrown in. Beyond fun, and begging for an encore! :D

      Delete
  9. Looks like you had a great time with both your art and your family!
    That's fantastic !
    Corrie x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Corrie - it truly was a wonderful time on all counts.

      Delete
  10. Amazing photos Win and the bits from the clothing packages have just reminded me that all those tags and stuff which I cannot throw away really need using. I have a couple of boxes full of these things and just haven't got round to doing anything with them, it must be the Magpie in me Lol! Sending hugs, Angela xXx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love your idea about using the paper towel holders to create a home for tags, and I'll bet that toilet paper holders would be about the right size for all your clothing tags...I'll be watching for it! xo

      Delete

Thanks for your comments - I value every one! If you wish to comment as 'Anonymous', please sign your full name to avoid being garbage can fodder! ;-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...