Tuesday 24 February 2015

Well, that was fun!

A rare combination of circumstances had me teaching in my home studio this past weekend, something I've not done in some years.

Gwen digs right in with drywall compound

I noted in my last post how the studio had to be cleaned, sorted and revamped for the event, or we wouldn't have had the room to spread out our play.


Even at that, the floor, along with every available surface, got utilized as a drying rack for the 20 or so techniques we enjoyed.


Both student tables, along with my own drawing board, were overflowing.


Soon the colour on the tables matched the wild walls.  The Art Foamies got a great workout on day two,
Verona goes wild with colour
and Opal the Studio Cat kept us busy as 'Relocation Experts'.  We vainly moved her, again and again, to keep her out of wet paint and mediums.  Her previous attempts at mixed media caused me no end of trouble, and that wasn't anything I wanted to share with students!


I very much enjoyed the change of pace with this size of class - it gave us time to get to know each other well, and more time for one-on-one assistance with questions and projects.

On another note, if you're living near Creston, BC, why not pop into the Chamber of Commerce before day end on Thursday?  The current show there includes some truly interesting work, and it ends at 9 am Friday.

As well, I'm letting you know now that there is a Gelli it Up! playshop coming to Creative Fix in less than two weeks.  Are you in?  Are you registered?  Are you ready for the maximum amount of monoprint fun?  Come and play!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments - I value every one! If you wish to comment as 'Anonymous', please sign your full name to avoid being garbage can fodder! ;-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...