Friday 27 February 2015

No doubt...

...you're beginning to wonder whether I actually ever finish things in the studio, and some days I wonder the same thing.  I'm glad to report, however, that I can actually show you a finished piece.

'My Cup Runneth Over' altered wine glass © Win Dinn
I have two friends who, within the last couple of months, have acquired new homes in town. I'd hoped to get both house-warming gifts ready before the one couple left for their winter home in the US, but couldn't manage it.  This one, however, is a little more timely and was delivered today.


I think it's particularly appropriate that the coins in the cup were donated to my mixed media cause by the gentleman side of this couple, and they're getting a small percentage of the world-ranging treasure back in this form.


I'm loving the tactility of this piece so much that I have a yen (pun intended) to do it all over again.


Luckily, with a stash of coins and a surplus of metallic alcohol inks, that is actually possible.


Of course, it remains to be seen whether it will materialize or not!


And just a reminder, I do have a Gelli printing workshop this next weekend here in Creston. Are you coming to play?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments - I value every one! If you wish to comment as 'Anonymous', please sign your full name to avoid being garbage can fodder! ;-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...