Friday 12 December 2014

I'm addled...

...today, what with all the crazies going on here, and that's not even counting the studio.

This weekend (tonight and Sunday afternoon) are the concerts we've been practicing so madly for, and the week has been one of practices, tech rehearsal and dress rehearsal. They will be amazing concerts, with choir, brass, videos, soloists, ensembles and so much more.  If you've not attended in the past and you're within driving distance get your tickets NOW.


To add to the fun, there's a huge trailer parked in the long driveway, waiting to accept dead shingles from the roof that blew a fuse last week.  If the rain stops, the crew can actually peel and re-roof. It's a good thing I don't need to get out of the studio door right now.


I have managed a few moments in the studio as well, trying my hand at creating a stamp from an over-sized eraser in honour of Balzer Studio's  #CarveDecember challenge.  She's carving a stamp a day in her studio, and invited other artists to play along.  This is day one for me (on December 11th or so), and at the rate I'm going, it's likely to be the only one I'll manage - this year.


I managed to actually finish a piece that was started way back when in July.  On a pastel pink canvas, the alcohol inks started the process.


 Somewhere along the way I added some Inka Gold texture with an abstract stencil.


 I layered a clear gloss medium gel in all-over garden pattern, textured it and then let it dry.


 An addition of more Inka Gold in three different colours served as highlight for the raised flowers.

'Red Hot' 8" x 8" mixed media on canvas  © Win Dinn

It must be getting close to Christmas - the predominant colour in this post certainly says so.  What are you doing to get ready for it?  Have you got your Christmas creating done?  Started?  Mused about it?  I'd love to hear about it in the comments below, with links to what you're doing.  Happy creating.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments - I value every one! If you wish to comment as 'Anonymous', please sign your full name to avoid being garbage can fodder! ;-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...