Friday 21 November 2014

I'm feeling a bit bookish...

...these days, and as a consequence, I'm making them.

Squaring the Circle is one I've recently created as a door prize for the Gelli plate demo I did in Claresholm, AB.

It consists of an explanatory page at the beginning,


and a series of eleven different concentric circles.


I've studied, drawn and painted mandalas for years (mandala is a Sanskrit word meaning 'sacred circle'), and am compelled by the beauty of them, in any form.


 These ones are created from a range of papers that have been painted,


 Gelli printed,

cut from book sheets,

 distressed,

 covered in painted dryer sheets,

 and more.  I've used crystalline papers

and law books,

stencils,

 and ink to enhance them.

Although I can't say what it is about circles that draws me in so completely, I do know there will be more of these in my future.

What forms are you drawn to?  What motifs repeat themselves over and over again in your artistic play?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments - I value every one! If you wish to comment as 'Anonymous', please sign your full name to avoid being garbage can fodder! ;-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...