Friday 20 December 2013

Let it snow!

Well, inside the house, anyway!  I needed some snowflakes in a particular colour scheme for a project or two, and naturally reached for my Gelli Plate.

The resulting prints on mulberry paper were just delicious...


 and I made paper snowflakes from ghost prints,


 to heavily layered prints,


 each one more beautiful than the last,


 until I was scissor happy.


When I had them finished I added them to a new painting.

An Unexpected Snowfall     Mixed Media on 9 x 12 cradled wood panel     © Win Dinn
I've been cutting snowflakes since my mother taught me as a child - it's something that has, for some reason, never ceased to fascinate me.  Do you have any creative habits that have stayed with you that long?  How do they fit into your current artwork?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments - I value every one! If you wish to comment as 'Anonymous', please sign your full name to avoid being garbage can fodder! ;-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...