Tuesday 5 November 2013

Cheesecloth soaker

I know we've talked about cheesecloth additions before, but you keep asking for this one, so here it is.

Here I've got some cobalt green paint left over from a session.


I thin it extensively with water, and


drop in some cheesecloth (already lightly coloured in other areas.  I allow it to dry, pick it up, and


use it to mop up some leftover yellow paint the next day.


It will make an interesting addition to a background like this one.


And, you know the drill, the palette paper where it was drying will make a great transfer!  Look at all that terrific texture.


I keep a wide range of painted cheesecloth underneath my easel, and they become beautifully coloured in a great range of hues over time.


One of my students loves this technique so much she's turned them into a scarf-making industry, paired with mixed media broaches to go with them.


And if you don't want to go that far, you can, at the very least, feast your eyes on the rich colour you've created.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments - I value every one! If you wish to comment as 'Anonymous', please sign your full name to avoid being garbage can fodder! ;-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...