Friday 13 September 2013

An art date getaway...

...is a wonderful way to refresh the creative mind, and yesterday Laura Leeder (left),  Eileen Gidman (right) and I (clicking) did just that in Fernie, BC.  An early start had us visiting The Arts Station


just after a wonderful coffee break at The Loaf.  This decadent latte and caramel-covered date square contained a gazillion calories, and worth every one.


Like most mountain towns, Fernie is totally bike-addicted, and I found more than one I'd love to own, 



although this one especially stuck my fancy.  I couldn't decide whether it was the baskets or the combination of pink and yellow that had me hankering after it.


Fernie is such an artsy town they've even trained their garbage cans to cast the perfect shadows.  I'm loving the sabre-toothed Pacman-style head just under that lovely crown.


Part of my personal mission while we were there was to drop 'Found Art' packages containing a piece of art and a bit of info publicizing my upcoming October workshop at The Arts Station.


We visited some wonderful galleries and shops including The Carosella Gift Shop ,


Brian Pollack Photography, The Fernie Arts Coop, Angela Morgan's Studio, and Clawhammer Press, where we found this lovely display rack created from an old weather-distressed door.


It was a lovely sun-warmed time, filled with wonderfully welcoming people, and we're primed to return sometime soon.  Thank you, Fernie, for making our day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments - I value every one! If you wish to comment as 'Anonymous', please sign your full name to avoid being garbage can fodder! ;-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...