Sunday 12 August 2012

It's always about the colour

I know this may come as a surprise to some of you, but I am a little bit obsessed with colour.  Even if I don't get into the studio as much as I'd like during the summer, I'm still excited about the rainbow around me, no matter how (and where) it appears.

The past five weeks or so, I've been reaping the benefits of John's garden and the fruit (domestic and wild) that grows in this wonderful valley.  My days of picking, stemming, boiling and jamming gladden my eyes and heart.


Apricots
 From apricots and
Strawberries
  strawberries.
Bledrazzle
 black currants mixed with raspberries,
Oregon Grape fingers in living colour
to hands stained with Oregon Grapes and then
Boiling Oregon Grapes
made ready for jelly, the kitchen is extraordinarily colourful (including the stove, cupboards and walls).
Razzletoon
Raspberries mixed with saskatoons 
Saskatoon
and saskatoons alone all make for richness in hue galore.
Heritage Tomatoes
John's no slouch in that department either, because he spent hours this morning canning his heritage tomatoes, with more to come in the coming month.  Can you just imagine how these will taste made into a redolent spaghetti sauce?

Oh, and then there are garden peas, beans, zucchini, cucumbers, beets, carrots and blackberries to come, - have I missed any colour in the rainbow?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments - I value every one! If you wish to comment as 'Anonymous', please sign your full name to avoid being garbage can fodder! ;-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...