Friday 27 April 2012

Fun and...

games are always part of my studio life.  I saw / heard / invented (doubtful) another kind of play that has had me intrigued for some time, but just purchased the necessities last week - for under $20.  I bought a package of 10 foam rollers and the roller thingamabob that goes with them, and then cut out some shapes in the rollers with an Xacto knife.  I won't tell you how many blades I had to use - apparently foam is tough on sharp blades!

The results were really entertaining, and I can think of a ton of ways to use the them, from background right on up.  It's interesting to see how the look changes depending the amount and thickness of paint used, on whether they are placed on a solid white background,

Hand-cut foam roller ' stars stamp'
versus a coloured background, 
Hand-cut foam roller 'leaves stamp'
a multi-coloured background,
Hand-cut foam roller 'hearts stamp'
a patterned background,
Hand-cut foam roller 'leaves stamp'
  a text-filled background,
Hand-cut foam roller 'circles stamp'
or even photos.
Hand-cut foam roller 'zig-zag stamp'

I always have so much fun with experimenting that it can be a challenge to actually create a painting - maybe that's why I love instructing so much.  

I still have five more foam rollers to design and cut, so goodness knows what might come out of that! Do YOU have any ideas?  Comments, suggestions and outrageous ideas always gratefully accepted.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments - I value every one! If you wish to comment as 'Anonymous', please sign your full name to avoid being garbage can fodder! ;-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...