Monday 27 February 2012

Jack of all...

I love mixed media for the opportunity to work with  many different mediums and utilize my 'jack-of-all-trades/master-of-none' approach.  I can incorporate hand sewing, beading, stamping, paper-making, origami and even painting!

Gifts from Gaia started with a magazine photo in a range of blues and greens.  The addition of gel medium (in waves counter to the water flow in the photo), glass beads, paper, metal and feathers speaks to me of the countless ways the planet cares for us.
Gifts from Gaia   4 x 4   Mixed Media by Win Dinn
Joy Rising was done for the sheer pleasure of working with texture and colour.  Using flexible modelling paste applied directly to a canvas support meant I could texture to my heart's content, and then glaze colours in many layers to build up the subtle colour range.

Joy Rising  12 x 12  Mixed Media by Win Dinn
Both of these pieces are currently showing at the Key City Theatre Gallery in Cranbrook, BC until March 19.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments - I value every one! If you wish to comment as 'Anonymous', please sign your full name to avoid being garbage can fodder! ;-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...