Friday 6 January 2012

Planet Introspection...

Philosophy and humanities are not my strong suit (I try not to overtax my brain TOO much), but I've been doing a great deal of thinking recently about  the state of the planet.  And of course, when I 'think', I do so with my hands.

Humanity, Hanging     8 x 8 canvas
During 2011, the financial meltdown worsened, population hit the 7 billion mark, concerns over the environment have increased, 'Occupy' has boiled up across the earth, food shortages have grown, new technologies have multiplied at an amazing rate and the supply of water is seriously in question,

I am encouraged by the Mayan calendar, which indicates that 2012 is a pivotal year.  I would like to think that this is the year we turn the human experience around and create a stronger thread upon which to rebuild. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments - I value every one! If you wish to comment as 'Anonymous', please sign your full name to avoid being garbage can fodder! ;-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...