Wednesday 30 November 2011

Playing in the river....

This may not be the right time of the year for cool river water, but this painting has been fun to finish.

River Study  16 x 20


It had been sitting in my (recently revamped) studio, waiting for the 'right' embellishments, and a recent trip to the Spokane area found me twiddling my thumbs in Cabelas, a hunting and fishing store, while I waited for John to find some bits to complete his fly tie kit.

Looking around, I could see that I'd hit collage fodder Nirvana - a host of feathers, beads, threads and more had me entranced.   Who would have thought that a hunting/fishing environment would have just the perfect shade of holographic green threads for the river? 

Life is a mystery, and sometimes an amazing gift!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments - I value every one! If you wish to comment as 'Anonymous', please sign your full name to avoid being garbage can fodder! ;-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...